Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Where is the Picture Gallery?

Whitey

I am sure I speak for most of the user's on this board when I say we want a picture gallery on this site. You guys (PGI admin) have access to some of the best paintball photos on the planet and only a handful of them ever see the pages of your mag. Please let us see them.

sensei

Jul 9, 2001
east coast usa
Visit site
response to your signature quote...

Originally posted by Whitey
up
mind you, that i don't do either, but...

there is a difference between "cheating" and "penalties."

example:

cheating- when an already eliminated player gives codes, hand signals to his players still ON the field giving off positions of the opposition...

penalties- playing on with a hit... within a bunker maneuver, the scenario happens so quick that the refs may or may not know who got elimintated first... the player can get away with this, which will eventually lead to a one-for-one as opposed to only one eliminated player...

cheating- having refs as friends which can and will alter the outcome of a game... no matter what ANYONE says, this happens.

penalty- hot gun (depends of the tournament/field)

grey area (you be the judge)- as in other organized sports, there are rules for penalties made in games (basketball, football, hockey, etc.). tournament paintball may have a few penalty rules, but it is another thing to see if they are actually applied.

RUSSIAN LEGION; when they get hit, they walk off. no arguement, no debate. period... MIKE BRUNO quotes; "it's how far you can go without the ref seeing."

think of a new signature quote, or specify what you mean "exactly."

my two cents...

sensei

Jul 9, 2001
east coast usa
Visit site
so is "clothes-lining" in football cheating?

so is "clothes-lining" in football cheating? no, it's considered a "penalty." the problem in OUR sport is that there are no universal CONCRETE rules and when a circuit tries to lay down the law, it's not as enforced as it should be... comprende?

he stated a quote on his signature for a reason. for us to think about it, right? well, i did. and i'm responding to his quote on this "PUBLIC" message board...

anyhow, i hope he gets his picture gallery.... :D

later...

oh, and 'penalties' can happen by accident (that football example i mentioned earlier or in a bunker exchange where everything happens so fast). on the other hand, 'cheating' is straight up incompetence...

LATHAM

FIGHTIN' MACHINE™
I get most of what your saying man. It's just that I play ball straight up. I won't cheat and I expect others to do the same. What’s the point? I know what you mean about penalties, I suppose that’s why there’s one for ones etc. I just think anyone who blatantly cheats (goes against one of the many tournament rules) should be severely punished for it. Especially when something like prize money is involved.

I don't want to start a full blown argument, I just get wound up when I see wiping/playing on/sideline coaching etc. Maybe the whole world should agree to one Universal paintball rule's book or something. You know, instead of one for the NPPL, the Millennium series, small local tourneys. Then everyone would know where they stood.

Later dudes

sensei

Jul 9, 2001
east coast usa
Visit site
Originally posted by LATHAM
I get most of what your saying man. It's just that I play ball straight up. I won't cheat and I expect others to do the same. What’s the point?

i know this and you know this. and this is why i don't believe in playing on with a hit, wiping or coding the rest of my team to make a $h!t load of distracting calls in order to divert a ref's
attention to my teamate wiping that hit... 'what's the point of having paint in a marker if there are no consequences to you acquiring that elimination?' so, i agree...

I know what you mean about penalties, I suppose that’s why there’s one for ones etc.
problem is that the designated rules (for almost any circuit) are not as enforced as they should be... for two very big reasons... 1.) no universal rules that are strictly enforced (by teams that shouldn't be refs) and 2.) no designated professionally-trained and paid refs that are NOT members of a tournament paintball team... if these solutions were incorporated into our sport, maybe we can bring our favorite pastime to the next level...

I just think anyone who blatantly cheats (goes against one of the many tournament rules) should be severely punished for it. Especially when something like prize money is involved.
problem is that no one gets "severely" punished. no one gets penalized. well, maybe not no one, but take this scenario... say you are reffing and your second squad happens to be playing. it is human nature to take it easier on a person that you've had an aquintance with than with someone that you do not know at all... there is a bias factor when tournament teams ref. if you have professional reffing crew, there will be a lot less chances of these "inconsistencies" from happening...

I don't want to start a full blown argument, I just get wound up when I see wiping/playing on/sideline coaching etc. Maybe the whole world should agree to one Universal paintball rule's book or something. You know, instead of one for the NPPL, the Millennium series, small local tourneys. Then everyone would know where they stood.

Later dudes
our team plays assuming that the other teams are going to cheat. cheating happens on ALL levels of the sport. from major to local, from pro to novice, from tournament to rec... we think this way so that we eliminate the amount of frustration while still playing an honest game. if any of us gets an obvious hit, we walk off to the dead box... period. and if there are any disputes, the squad captain is the team's voice. it's a tougher job, to play an honest game while others cheat, but i believe that this will make any team better players...

finally, this is not an argument, just a friendly debate and my personal point of view on a public message board...

cheers.

LATHAM

FIGHTIN' MACHINE™
I totaly agree with your points. A reffing body would be a real good idea, but at the moment I can't see it happening just yet. Still we can only hope someone sets one up. Like you say when teams marshal each other it can be a bit one sided sometimes. You see the refs having a good laugh before the game with the other team and you know your in trouble!

Also we both seam to agree on a unified rule book, and I also think that no one is serverely punished. How about rules more like other sports for cheating. A lot more one for ones, Tornament bans and other ideas to try and stop the cheating. Reducing the amount of cheating in our sport can only improve things. I know what you mean about suspecting other teams you play of cheating but I like to think that most of our opposition are like us, Straight up.

Later dudes

sensei

Jul 9, 2001
east coast usa
Visit site
Originally posted by LATHAM
I totaly agree with your points. A reffing body would be a real good idea, but at the moment I can't see it happening just yet.
due to the lack of sponsors and financil backing... which is understood...

Still we can only hope someone sets one up. Like you say when teams marshal each other it can be a bit one sided sometimes. You see the refs having a good laugh before the game with the other team and you know your in trouble!
if you've been keeping up with current events, the WPF has been heading in teh right direction. i also believe there is an article on this in teh last PGI

Also we both seam to agree on a unified rule book, and I also think that no one is serverely punished. How about rules more like other sports for cheating. A lot more one for ones, Tornament bans and other ideas to try and stop the cheating. Reducing the amount of cheating in our sport can only improve things. I know what you mean about suspecting other teams you play of cheating but I like to think that most of our opposition are like us, Straight up.

Later dudes
i believe a universal rule book is probably a tougher accomplishment, although, a vey beneficial one (if we can eventually get one together)...

gotta think about it, though. say you own a league. are you REALLY gonna ban a team for a wipe? ion teh other hand, (strictly enforced) penalty points, i believe, are the answer.

i played SKYBALL this passed year as well as a substantial amount of other local tournaments. the quality of reffing was different at each. the amount of cheating teams varied. because of this fact, i would go into ANY tournament i register for assuming that a team will cheat and a ref will not see EVERYTHING that goes on in a game... this way, your chances of winning the game are better if you reduce the amount of mistakes you can make due to the uncertainty of the things that may happen 'cuz you underestimated a situation...

nah' mean? later...