Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Where to play?

TrashDoG

Jun 11, 2004
Mass, USA
www.paintballforums.com
From playing in several games with my friends, I've decided I play best when I'm the last guy left on the field. I figure being a backman is probably where I should go if this is the case, but I also like moving and doing more than support fire. Im a decent track sprinter (I have like a 5.8 50yard dash thingy) and I dont hesitate when I know the chance to move is open. Only problem is I dont always KNOW when the chance to move is open.. lol.

So what I'm asking is where do you guys think I Should play? front mid or back? I've been using an Armotech WG-65 for the past year, so my big thing is accuracy over ROF since an Armo can only put down about as much paint as a real M4 lol. (like 6-8bps max without the EFM).

Any suggestions?

Tim R

I'll Karate Chop You
May 29, 2004
USA
clik.to
Sounds like you should be a front man being i don't think you can really sweetspot someone effectively with like 6-8 bps. As for knowing when to move or bunker someone, in my opinion, you really don't. You just go off your gut or that little voice inside of your head or whatever.:)

Hope this helps:D

Tim R

I'll Karate Chop You
May 29, 2004
USA
clik.to
Yes A4s do rule. I don't know do both front and back. Switch it up during the same game. See what you're more comfortable with. You gotta be careful with the A4s though. Mines so sensitive I keep shooting my bunker when I'm in it.:)

pb-afroman

If you can't put up a large ROF, then you can't really be a back man. Mid guys are the ones that close up games usually, and you said you are a decent runner and are best when you're down on numbers, I would think that being a mid is the best position for you.

The best possible thing to do is go play and try out positions along both sides of the field, at front/mid/back, and then see what you are most productive in.

To really get a good grasp of the game you should learn to play all positions on the field. Only then will you have the ability to play a set position well by knowing what the others on your team are doing and what they need you to do.

You will also need to learn all positions so you can "switch modes" mid game.

ie- you may be down to a 3 on 3 and you could be playing a mid or back role of locking down the field but if a chance comes up to go do some serious damage on a bunker run you have to go for it and the only way to get these skills is to practice all positions all of the time.

When you train for all positions you will not have the problem of wondering what position you should play as you can play them all and you will become an "insert" player and will become a valuable asset to any team you play for.

Andy.

:cool:

Originally posted by Tim R
You gotta be careful with the A4s though. Mines so sensitive I keep shooting my bunker when I'm in it.:)
its happened to me with my LCD many a time, some triggers are too sensitive, a friend of mine tuned mine :D bloody hell though! :D shot myself in the foot before, A4's are really great though, i try'd out tom allens the other week! :)

BACK ON THREAD!!!!