Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which size bottle for an Etek 4?

SupremeNinja

May 23, 2014
South London
Hi all,

So I just bought an Etek 4 at the weekend and wondering which size bottle would be best? If possible I'd like to get away with having one smaller than a 68 purely to save weight but as I haven't used the marker just yet I'm not sure how efficient it'll be straight out of the box. If a 48 is going to run out after only a few pods then obviously its pretty useless.

Cheers in advance!

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
If money isn't an issue then maybe consider a Fuel Supralite bottle they are one of the lightest bottles on the market and very popular.
Also maybe worth considering the Safer or Stako bottles as they are very light.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Any modern paintball gun should manage a decent number of shots from the range of cylinders around

Use the scuba toys calculator to compare expected shots for a given size / pressure

A 68ci cylinder will give you more shots due to physical size, and 50% more when you have fills at 4500psi

A 48ci is the equivalent to a steelie / aluminium, at higher pressure you get more shots

What's more important than weight is balance and ergonomics. If it all feels right then that beats any weight saving

http://www.scubatoys.com/paintball/paintballshots.asp

SupremeNinja

May 23, 2014
South London
Any modern paintball gun should manage a decent number of shots from the range of cylinders around

Use the scuba toys calculator to compare expected shots for a given size / pressure

A 68ci cylinder will give you more shots due to physical size, and 50% more when you have fills at 4500psi

A 48ci is the equivalent to a steelie / aluminium, at higher pressure you get more shots

What's more important than weight is balance and ergonomics. If it all feels right then that beats any weight saving

http://www.scubatoys.com/paintball/paintballshots.asp
Cool, thanks a lot for the advice! Just tried the calculator and the difference isn't too much to be worried about.

MattC

Head of The CPPS Mole Correction Facility.
Nov 11, 2008
The number of shots is totally irrelevant.... Can you play with a 48ci bottle is the answer you should be looking for. I know i couldn't. It simply wouldn't fit in my arms

SupremeNinja

May 23, 2014
South London
I tried out my mates 68 last night and it fitted me perfectly, can't imagine anything smaller working for me. Guess I answered my own question!

Thanks anyway though lads.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
If money's an issue then save it and a on aluminium 3000psi will do fine
If it's not a major issue and fibre is affordable then go for a 68ci

Ultralights like safer etc will cost more, and do make a difference in weight, but if it's not heavy and the size is right then the lighter models are just nice rather than vfm

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
If money's an issue then save it and a on aluminium 3000psi will do fine
If it's not a major issue and fibre is affordable then go for a 68ci

Ultralights like safer etc will cost more, and do make a difference in weight, but if it's not heavy and the size is right then the lighter models are just nice rather than vfm