Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Who wants PGI back?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
The problem our industry has is ironically, the internet which sounds potentially incestuous but we really have fuk'd ourselves here.
To produce a magazine, digital or hard copy, costs money, especially the latter.
The digital mags do cost a lot less to publish but where can you create a revenue stream?
Traditionally advertising has been the core finance stream of magazines.
The online culture doesn't lend itself to charging the viewer, people go somewhere else where it's for free ... it's a somewhat skittish arrangement but it lies at the heart of the problem because the focus for revenue falls fairly and squarely onto advertising.
I'm extremely lucky with our advertising because all who do, are friends of mine but that doesn't mean to say they would pay for ads on here just because they're friends of mine, that doesn't happen - this is the real world.
This site has to perform and not just that, I give all my advertisers open access to my Google analytic data which can't be falsified in any way - not that I'd ever do that to friends of mine anyway but I like to give them free and complete access so they know there's nowhere else to go in European paintball in terms of on-line advertising.
People accuse us of all sorts of things in the past but the bottom line is this, all of the top companies advertise here, there has to be a reason for that coz I ain't holding a shooter up to anyone's head to advertise, they do it coz it makes financial sense, nothing else.
We get on average from 17k to 20k unique viewers per month .... that's a lot of paintballers' bums on seats and we're lucky that no other paintball forum/website in Europe gets close to those figures.
There is no way I could produce a digital mag in the present economic climate - if people do manage to do it, then it's either gonna be crap or financed from a single industrial source.
And so the internet has created a diminished paintball market with no light at the end of a tunnel with respect to digital mags ... it's a real shame I know but if someone wants to finance one, great, good luck to them but they will lose money.
I'm gonna be talking to Bon and Lump and the rest of my mods to see what we can do about providing some sort of article / tourney coverage thing but I'm not altogether sure how far we can go down that road yet but my mods have a much better handle on things than I do at the moment and so I'll trust their opinions over mine and day.
Let's see w2hat happens .. but I ain't promising Jack-Sh!t ... not just yet anyways.

MorphMann

Fb UK Big Games
Jun 5, 2012
Kettering, Northants
Robbo, how about having a section on here for event/site reviews. Hell why not have product reviews as well. All these can be written by us, in a by ballers for ballers type affair.

I know this will take up more server space, but if its available, then why not??

I will definately do all scenario games I go to in a unbiased style

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Robbo, how about having a section on here for event/site reviews. Hell why not have product reviews as well. All these can be written by us, in a by ballers for ballers type affair.
I know this will take up more server space, but if its available, then why not??
I will definately do all scenario games I go to in a unbiased style
We have touched base with this before but the main problem I have at the moment is time to sort stuff out due to my family situation but that doesn't necessarily sound the death knell on it.
Our mods don't just sit around banning people as some people might suggest - they are constantly looking to make our site better, not just for them but for you guys, our site members.
The only thing that got in the way of taking up some of their ideas was me, or rather because I didn't kick-start whichever idea they'd proposed.
We got some real switched-on mods here and so maybe it's best if I give them free-reign with which to come up with things like you suggest, it cannot do any harm that's for sure.
I'll talk with my mods later ... thanks for the suggestions ....much appreciated !

Reactions: MorphMann

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
I'm ready to attend events, take photos & write articles.

Tell you what, if you like, I can cover an event in words & pictures by way of a trial run if you like.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I'm ready to attend events, take photos & write articles.

Tell you what, if you like, I can cover an event in words & pictures by way of a trial run if you like.

Well, that's very kind of you to offer this and I'd be foolish to turn it down seeing as your post bears all the hallmarks of a competent writer leastwise technically - gimme a call and we can discuss, I'll message you my number.
Thanks ...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Shell, if we do, you can be on the first cover :)
Do you remember when my daughter did front cover that year??
Oh, and you could probably write for us as well ... one slight technical problem with that though, we need to get Matt to start publishing it again, and of course we need to inject a few million quid into the paintball market ... I'll let you deal with that one.