Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why do Ballers appear to be 'tight' ?

beanbag83

I'm either drunk or high
Feb 12, 2006
King's Lynn, Norfolk, England
I find it very funny, people talking about kids having no money, I had WAY more disposable income when I was 14/15. I was taking home about £150 a week term time, and anything up to £300 a week in the holidays, with no bills, mortgage, car to run, etc. I'd love to be in that postion now!

Reactions: matj

Leezo

Official Planet Eclipse Tech
Aug 21, 2007
Leadgate
The thing that annoys me the most is people trying to call
"DIBS" on things

ohh and the clasic "Whats the lowest you will take " as if iam going to tell a seller that
What's wrong with calling dibs? Quite strange that you would be annoyed by someone calling dibs who wants to buy your item. Why wouldn't you tell someone what your lowest price is? I have seen on here many a time people wanting too high a price and have offers made which they turn down and then a week later dropping the price down to what previous buyers have offered and generally that buyer has either got their item at a lower price or their not interested any more.

Bartering for things is just part and parcel of life never mind these forums, its the way we are.
What I have noticed and the reason for people offering a lower price is sellers are trying to get as much back as they spent on the item whether it be new or second hand and the value of the item is just too high; as in its not worth it.
Take today for example, there is a chap selling something second hand for £19 posted but i can get the item for £18.99 brand new posted.
Do I a) offer his asking price OR b) offer him a lower price ??

The true value of something is only as high as what someone is willing to pay.

Last edited:

Dup

Aug 17, 2012
As my mum would say, count the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.... I

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Sales on this forum and all others must comply to a number of rules which can vary by forum
These rules are to help both buyers and sellers with a safe and transparent sale, e.g. A named & dated photo to proove the seller posses the items, and that the one shown is the one for sale, and doing all business in the thread so that in the event of a dispute everything is out in the open

If the seller has their own additional rules for what they do or dont want from buyers then they can be stated, eg no lowballing, postage included/to be added, no trades, no dibs etc

If they don't state such rules and someone offers then a polite no never hurts

Last edited:
Reactions: zX JT Xz

digitalman

Apr 21, 2011
Uckfield East Sussex
Bit of a thread revival, but there is also the issue over how quickly gear depreciates in price and if its last years model then who really is willing to pay top dollar when you could add a little more and buy new.

It must be hard finding out that the equipment you wanted so much and saved so hard to get is now worth didly squat compared to the new shiney thing you need and crave.

I just don't sell anything and lend it out to mates to get them into balling. :D

MajorFaff

Sep 4, 2012
Haggling/bartering/negotiation? I don't see the problem. If you don't want offers, simply say it's a firm price.

The seller doesn't have to accept an offer. On other forums I use that has a HEAVY trade with tens of thousands of pounds worth of stuff being traded everyday, coming to an agreement is the norm.

Low balls are a problem if unjustified, and they offered just get ignored.

Azreil

Jun 15, 2008
Salisbury
Haggling is the norm for most of the world, I always find it funny that us brits seem to almost get offended when this happens!