Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why do people do it?

Stephen

RIP Topcats
Apr 27, 2008
Hertfordshire
Just a bit curious as to why people seem to disregard packaging of paintball equipment as soon as something is out of the box?

Maybe it's just me, but I always keep hold of the packaging for my paintball equipment (I still take my rotor in it's original box). But when I see stuff for sale that doesn't have the original packaging then I'm always a bit put off. Personal preference, but I like to have that stuff with it. It's always baffled me as to why people seem to throw away the original packaging, as its offers protection when transporting and storing your gear. The one thing that I've never understood is when I see planet markers go up for sale without their hard cases, I mean why would you want to get rid of those?! And they are pretty hard to lose or misplace!

Reactions: phil-boy

kaoz69

Jun 21, 2012
london
My personal guess would be an issue of space, if you have 3 markers 2 hoppers and a whole range of spares kits/ replacement lenses/ speed feeds the boxes start to add up. If my stuff doesn't fit in my paintball cupboard then my fiance threatens to bin it. But I do the same for her shoes so there you go.

jfp

May 13, 2011
Oxford
My personal guess would be an issue of space, if you have 3 markers 2 hoppers and a whole range of spares kits/ replacement lenses/ speed feeds the boxes start to add up. If my stuff doesn't fit in my paintball cupboard then my fiance threatens to bin it. But I do the same for her shoes so there you go.
This, you end up requiring a lot of space for a lot of boxes

Stephen

RIP Topcats
Apr 27, 2008
Hertfordshire
kaoz69 jfp fair enough, I've never really had a problem with space as I only have the one marker and loader and stuff, but I guess when the whoring gets started then space could be an issue!

Jul 27, 2013
I like keeping the packaging for the goggs and guns just in case in the future i want to sell them on in original packaging, plus i find it really hard to chuck stuff like that away

Reactions: Stephen

Chris-Ed

Oct 28, 2012
I'd imagine its a space thing. Over the years I have kept most boxes for pretty much everything but having down sized didnt have the storage to keep evertything!

I do agree though, for things i am likely to sell I usually keep the boxes / packaging.

Chris

Stephen

RIP Topcats
Apr 27, 2008
Hertfordshire
@James Townsend and @phil-boy that's exactly how I see it, plus i'm always a bit sceptical of items being sold without their original packaging, as there is always a possibility that it could be stolen.

@Chris-Ed I think space is probably the most likely reason, especially when the whoring begins! But I'm quite sad in a way, I even keep all the packaging for my playing gear, I even have the original little bag that my gauntlets came in!

Reactions: Chris-Ed

Chris kitson

Banned
Jul 13, 2013
I've done this in the past and have regretted it lots, a friend of mine sold his gun and managed to get extra just for a box!

Reactions: Stephen

andreasa83

Oct 12, 2011
That topic got me interested. But yeah i throw all packaging away, always. Same with computer stuff etc. Also i dont require orig. packing if im buying something that is used.