Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

why does every one seem to love the ion

AUPaintSoc

(o)(o)
Jul 19, 2005
Aberdeen
www.abdn.ac.uk
I think thats the longest sentence I've ever seen.

I also think you're wrong. :)

Ions are fun, they do exactly what they say on the tin, so whats so ****? Decent stock markers for ANY beginner, with the opportunity to mod it yourself as time and money allows. Still sounds good to me! A simple modular design, cheaply made sure, but brings the end cost down as well!

So yeah while they may have their problems, may not have the bells and whistles of any superguns, thats cool, they dont profess to be a supergun, so it doesnt really justify calling them ****. Cos they aint. Theyre just not as cool as a DM6. or anything else really:):)

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
i know i forgot the spots and dashes, its bin long day, i beleive its personnel preference on the matter aint it, like pros and cons etc etc. whereas you said ****e i did not i said poo, ****e sounds really meanigful and harshwhereas poo is not so harsh haha.

AUPaintSoc

(o)(o)
Jul 19, 2005
Aberdeen
www.abdn.ac.uk
poo also sounds gay and Im trying to give off the impression of being a manly man....

Yeah, totally, like you said personal preference, but as to why people like the Ion so much, its probably down to the fact it does a great job at a great price. Simple as that.

Tricky

Retired Gun Whore
Jun 10, 2005
Past Caring!
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
i did things a bit backwards, my first marker was an ego and I then bought an Ion as a play thing and to see what all the fuss was about.

1) Ion is bloody good value for the money.
2) Ego is bloody good value for the money.

At the end of the day they're both good markers, the Ego imho is the better one, in terms of user satisfaction and long term reliability.

Difference is everyone who shoots an Ego says Wow thats good, evryone that shoots an Ion says Wow thats not as bad as I thought it would be.

If you have the money for an Ego, buy one!

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
maybe so but i have yet to come across an ion that works for at leat the whole day, and we shoot ppl all day how manly do ya want

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
Originally posted by infernomark
maybe so but i have yet to come across an ion that works for at leat the whole day, and we shoot ppl all day how manly do ya want
Maybe that's because some people cant just leave it alone and insist on fiddling :)

Olly had an SP8 the other weekend, which is an Ion internally, that seemed to run just fine.

Still dont like Ion's though, just don't like the feel of them.