Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why paintball will never be football. (Popularity)

Lighthouse

Jul 24, 2013
so 5 man but with a ball instead of a flag? its gonna be huge i can tell!
I'll phone sky and see how much they will pay to broadcast it next year.

Will have to work on the rules but I guess you would just need to get close enough to the goal with the ball to shoot, without getting any hits. Of course to shoot you would probably need to be out in the open so it might be quite challenging.

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
I think paintball will never be as popular as football, and i dont want it to be. If everyone suddenly started buying gear and started playing, the sport would then become less special, we then have nothing to brag about becuase everyone else does it too! and youve got to admit, bragging plays a small part in wanting to play, becuase its not a "normal" thing to do.

With the whole " Guns are Bad " thing, i think thats actually promoting it somewhat. most of the lads i know play games such as Call of Duty, Battlefield, Halo. you know why? they like the guns, all my mates would jump at the chance to fire any sort of gun, be it paintball or not.

i think public misconception is to blame here. i ask anyone in school if they want to go paintball if they havnt been before, and the reply i get ( most often than not ) " nah **** that man if i get shot it'll kill me! " sure, it stings quite abit when you get shot, but its not that bad, not like getting shot by any semi-lethal.

Also, if you first hear about people running around in the woods with "guns" shooting each other, the first you will think of is " army rambo nutters "and becuase woodsball, and this steriotype people conjure up in there heads, is the first type/time they get introduced to paintball, they dont see the bigger picture, sup-air tournements. i actually had expeirnce with that, going down to npf. as we walked down to our first game we passed NPF's airball section, and my friends were like " what the hell is that?" and i replied " its speedball, well not strictly, but its basically tournement paintball" then i got a load of " oohs" and "aahs"

Paintball does not have the media expourse that football does, so therefore not as many people find out about it. with the realise of the new paintball channel in october, im hoping a few more people take notice of what they are missing.

Little essay there

Will

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
[quote="PBWill, post: 1450210, member: 32040"
i think public misconception is to blame here. i ask anyone in school if they want to go paintball if they havnt been before, and the reply i get ( most often than not ) " nah **** that man if i get shot it'll kill me! " sure, it stings quite abit when you get shot, but its not that bad, not like getting shot by any semi-lethal.

That's the opportunity to speak with them and elaborate:
The first hit hurts, but only on impact, then you realise it wasn't bad and the fear factor is gone. The next hit does not hurt
The adrenaline kicks in, you hardly nortice the rest
However - if you're afraid and sat at the back hiding then you will eventually get found and shot, it will hurt and you'll have a bad day
Depending on the individual this is where you slip in about being man enough, or for a lady to show the men up ....

Also, if you first hear about people running around in the woods with "guns" shooting each other, the first you will think of is " army rambo nutters "
I've not come upon the general consensus about playing soldiers
Standard answer on the diversity of paintball - let people know there's more to it then punter paintball, but don't just go onto your preferred style, expand the conversation & see what may interest them

On the subject of playing soldiers and guns etc, I've not seen them as uk issues, due to a shared language us arguments are often repeated in the uk. But I've not seen evidence to back those arguments up.
The us is a country of contradictions (often due to extremes) guns are either evil or your god given right, thank anyone in uniform for being their hero but show any militaristic tendency and you're a shooting waiting to happen

[/quote]

Reactions: PBWill

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Mission paintball IMO says woodsball events, they're fantastic for mission based play with goals to fulfill, I believe it's a good taste of paintball
I quoted mission paintball as they did exactly what was asked for with a ball kick
The finale of mission paintball was at the international tournament of the day and probably kicked off major attention and inspired the then new generation of speedballers by showing it, and doing so again and again when someone manages to find it on late night tv on obscure channels

If you're in the know you'll recognize industry & tournament scene faces in mission paintball

Anyway - paintballs paintball.
In one way paintball is like football - you can kick about in the garden, down the park, at school, at a club, Sunday league, local teams, professional teams and worldwide
Most people cannot safely play in the garden, or without getting an asbo, down the park will get you in legal trouble at best, but you can turn up and play at a site, become a walkon, join or form a team and even play serious or fun competitive play in tournaments locally, nationally and internationally

spudz

Jul 22, 2011
Could not agree more! The simple fact is that money is the biggest issue within that list and the only way for that to change is for people to become involved in the sport we all love and this is something that is hard to over come for two reasons: The money necessary to enter the sport is out of reach for the majority of most people and secondly people just don't care enough about paintball and what it really is because they think its just running around the woods and has no meaning so aren't willing to get involved or put the money into it.

connor96

Jul 26, 2013
northampton
I like the small community of paintball you normally know people at your local field whereas football It is new people all the time and no one would get on but most paintballers get on

Last edited: