The Home Of European Paintball

Why play competitive woodsball?

Dave S ECI

ECI + HFT
Jul 17, 2001
53rd and 3rd
Visit site
Ash.jpg

@Ash - DYE Europe you were at the UK Woodland Masters this past weekend. As a player who came onto the scene as tournaments were moving away from the woods and after playing Millennium and CPPS series this year, how did you find stepping into the woods?

For extra bonus points, how did those i5s and Tiger Stripe M2 work out in the woods? We saw more M2s at this event than I think we've seen so far this year - the Warped guys looked happy with them and won the extra division!

Ash - GI Sportz

GI Sportz
Jun 14, 2006
GI Towers
View attachment 53742

@Ash - DYE Europe you were at the UK Woodland Masters this past weekend. As a player who came onto the scene as tournaments were moving away from the woods and after playing Millennium and CPPS series this year, how did you find stepping into the woods?

For extra bonus points, how did those i5s and Tiger Stripe M2 work out in the woods? We saw more M2s at this event than I think we've seen so far this year - the Warped guys looked happy with them and won the extra division!
Honestly I haven't played a tournament in the woods in YEARS, my woods ball of late has just been a few big games and trying to go on a 100+ kill streak! :D

The UKWM was a brilliant event, really well attended and with a great atmosphere. Tournament paintball has the same basic mentality and rush whether its in the woods or on a concept / super field. Whats really great to see is the new (and previously retired) faces taking this on - growing woods ball ultimately grows paintball and thats good for everyone.

Bonus points: I had so much playing with my new M2, the guys from Warped are pretty enamoured with theirs as well! The i5s are ridiculously comfortable :)

Alan Davison

Dec 28, 2016
Hi, We are a new team looking at taking part in our first woodsball tournament in february. We have tried both sup air and woodsball but prefer the later as some of us are older players and tend to enjoy the overall game more. Does anyone know of any training days or advice on woodsball tournaments as none of us has done a tournament before

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
Hi, We are a new team looking at taking part in our first woodsball tournament in february. We have tried both sup air and woodsball but prefer the later as some of us are older players and tend to enjoy the overall game more. Does anyone know of any training days or advice on woodsball tournaments as none of us has done a tournament before
Don't overthink it, just bring what you have already learned works best from both formats and apply it consistently at the event. Get booked into the UK Woodsball events and the rest you will pick up as you go along.

Alan Davison

Dec 28, 2016
Thanks sci-fi .

Iv recently suggested to Nick at skirmish Notts to look at training days for woodsball, he said he thought it was a good idea and he's going to set one up before our first tournament in the end of Feb.
We have the basics but are lacking in experience which I know we will get from playing, so hopefully with a few tips and tactics we should be set . The rest we can pick up along the way .