Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Will i get destroyed?

frosty

warped player
Aug 9, 2005
solihull
w
if your based in inverness im assuming you are meaning tazballs walkon? if so don't worry Taz Tracy and Stacey are a great bunch and they will look after you

Spookls

pain is temporary pride is forever
Oct 21, 2013
Leicester
I am fairly new to the game my self, but figured out pretty quick that gear doesn't make you good. I am already onto my second marker though. This is gonna end up being an expensive hobby =)
I've been playing 2 years and i counted 13 guns myself but I'm a whore

Reactions: superfasteddie

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Going back to if you will get destroyed by the 'better players' and their speedball guns etc.....

The equipment doesn't make a player.
You have an egrip so in theory can put pretty much the same paint in the air - a speedballer would be limited to 10.2 or 10.5 balls per second at a tournament and maybe 15bps. If they go for semi auto and the rules are for 'uncapped semi' (no limit on bps) then they can shoot more bps if they have finger skills

If you have finger skills then so can you, other than the physical limits of your bravo. I think your egrip will do between 8bps and 12bps

You will all be limited to a velocity of about 280 feet per second. So other than having it a bit lower because your gun/barrel/paint isn't as consistent against someone who is a perfectionist with a well maintained and sized match combination who keeps closer to the 280 limit then for balls in the air as far as the gun is concerned you're all reasonably equal

A speedball gun will be lighter and more ergonomic then a bravo one. But that counts for fractions of a second and gives them the edge when getting their gun up - in the woods that advantage doesn't help them get around the trees and bushes
It does help them to be quicker to react if you meet them up close

Experience will help them, but you will have the luck of a new guy, you won't necessarily act in ways they expect, you wont be an expert in knowing the good spots, but you may find them
It takes one ball to shoot someone. You're one new guy, there will be regulars on both sides, they are shooting each other too

Go out there and try it out. A walkon will be more intense then a punter game, you may find that walkons aren't for you, or you're not ready for walkons yet. You won't know until you try
If it's not for you then there's plenty paintball to play - walkon, scenario, big games, woods, urban, one offs
The chances are though that you will find intense games but fun people, get the chance to chat with the guys, take the opportunity to check out their gear, and go home counting the days to the next game

Jan 5, 2016
Thanks tom for the very in depth reply,lots of very knowledgable chaps on here which is good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom

biksz

Jan 2, 2016
south yorkshire
I am new bought some gear well say some gear lol I ended up with 3 guns a pistol a tac vest remote line and some other stuff but my lad who is 16 wants to do it too.i bought 2 omega 4 and ended up picking up a milsig m17 cheap.i am.looking at a walk on in feb or March I am south yorkshire and so far been told about three different places to play around here so far this seems a very good forum and have lots of info.☺