Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Winter paint v Summer paint

digitalman

Apr 21, 2011
Uckfield East Sussex
Hi guys, at the end of NvS a very nice Swedish guy gave me a load of paint as he couldn't be bothered to fly home with it, 2 boxes are GI sport winter and the other boxes just standard summer balls.

Should there be any issues using winter paint on a summers day or should it be stored carefully and saved till it starts to get colder again?

And if the Swedish guys are part of this forum can I say once again thank you very much for such a great gesture. :D

shootinropez

Sep 6, 2012
Kent
The thing with winter paint is that it is a slightly thicker shell. The reason is that when it gets cold, paint shells get more brittle so the bolts in guns break the paint more easily. Winter paint is still absolutely fine to use in summer time, but it won't be as brittle as summer paint, so if you're playing a tournament, you're less likely to get breaks/G's. At CPPS Round 1 we used winter paint and it was fine, like i said, there was more bounces than we would've liked, but it still works fine.

If you plan on storing it, read this http://paintball.about.com/od/paintballs/qt/How-To-Store-Paintballs.htm