Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Woman dies following an accident at a paintball site

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Administrator
Jul 2, 2001
Very sad news. We all take great care and responsibility in paintball to ensure everyone stays safe, yet it is an accident not related to the potentially dangerous equipment we use that claims a life.

Thoughts with the family.

Last edited:

Chenko0860

Jun 7, 2013
Aberdeen, Sco, UK
Horrible, but seems to be a bit of a mis-guided report in that it appears more of an industrial accident than a paintball-related one. Shame though.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Christ, that's horrendous. Not sure if anyone connected reads this site, but my thoughts and sympathies are with them...

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Agree that this is Sad News and our thoughts are with her family.

I do think a little harsh however to use the headlines Death at a paintball site when its really a sad and tragic incident.

matj

Mar 22, 2013
surely there should have been more than 1 person doing that job?

If there wasn't then for whatever reason that needs looking into and resolving in the future. I have a family business that deals with transporting heavy equipment. Even if it is just smaller items like 10 6ft tables that are being sent, which could be managed by a single person, for safety two people are sent.

I'm not saying this is a fault of the poor lady and i want to stress that as i do not want it misconstrued but i hope that this incident leads to greater health and safety considerations by the company in general. It's not the first dodgy thing I've seen from DF.

My deepest condolences to the friends and family of the woman. No one should have to endure the pain this will inevitably cause for everyone involved.

cwrenn1991

Jun 30, 2013
pretty tragic but not really a gun related issue sounds more like she had equipment fall on her or something :(

5chm3gz

Banned
Nov 28, 2012
It's not the first dodgy thing I've seen from DF..
Agreed, i hope they relook at some of their H&S procedures.
Very sad though, she must have been a Manager or Assistant Manager as well. As marshals or senior marshals would not be left to manage that kind of work on their own without a manager or assistant manager supervising.

My thoughts go out to her family and friends.

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
jesus, condolences to her family, horrible!

Doesnt really give us a good name to the public, even though it wasnt actually due to any aggresion with a marker!

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.