Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Woodland Tournaments; the great tactical equalizer

b0ned0me

Born to be Bald!!
Aug 9, 2001
Death Mountain
Visit site
Also, the point about injuries is fair...

I've only seen dislocated shoulders, twisted ankles and so on, but you hear some real horror stories about the old woodland tournies.
Trees, branches, hard pointed barricades and uneven footing are NOT well suited to high-intensity play

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
On a rec day I was at recently with some first-timers we played a single flag game (in the centre, H-shaped barricade) and having walked the field on the way to our "base" I was convinced we were closer to it than they were, and had a much easier run, to the extent that I thought I'd just run full pelt at the flag and grab it at the beginning: what I hadn't noticed through my fogged up site-goggles was that my route went straight through a rather thin tree!

Needless to say I ran at full speed into this tree, and I swear it felt like my forearm had snapped... but as it happened, I had enough momentum to completely level the tree, get to the flag, grab it and then get stuck behind a bunker for the rest of the game...

It *was* an impressive bruise, but thankfully, nothing broken :D

Morter

Jul 31, 2002
Bristol
woodland rec-ball is quite a laugh, but i find it really hard to spot people in amongst the trees, which is ok, but you can get away without having to stay so tight, and I dont find I get as much of an adrenaline rush compared to when I play sup'air, having said that though, the netting field at foxwood skirmish is mental fun!!! :)

Duggzer0

Banned
Apr 12, 2005
England
Visit site
Originally posted by samdudin
Occassionally, people who usually slide hard into bunkers on smooth sup'air fields use the same technique in the woodland and shatter their knees.
Lol ouch, i didnt shatter my knees but i almost broke my leg, i cuddnt walk for a week, it sucked

Fleisher

Feb 23, 2002
Originally posted by QuackingPlums
OWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

Does that really happen?! Has anybody seen that? :confused: :(
Er...no,well I've never seen it nearly 20 years.Its rabbit holes ya gotta watch for:eek:

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
I think i must reiterate Rancid's comment of :
'Sweet baby Jesus'

Duggzer0.... this thread is like three and a half years old, makes me almost weep from the good old days of smashed ankles, falling over stumps, ridiculous spray, skewering yourself on branches etc......