Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Woods ball or speed ball?

Empireplayer13

Dec 3, 2004
poland, NY
www.hardballer68.com
I have been playing for 5 years i started with woods and a talon now i play both woods and speed ball and have a tippman98 with a j&j ceramic barrel, response trigger and dropp foward which i use for woods. I also have a syndacite X misfit and a vengence pro for speed ball. I like both but i just wanted to see your opinions as to which you would prefer the most. I still would go with woods though.

Skillet007

May 13, 2004
Alabama
Visit site
Personally, I like the woods. Not only cause i live in Alabama and there is only 1 speedball field (and its 45 min away) but because all my pals can come out and just have a good time with no penalties- and set up any kind of scenario we want. I even have a portable field with about 30 bunkers. So until another speedball field comes up.... well its woods for me.

Pureball

NSPL Ref
Oct 10, 2004
Devon, UK
Visit site
woods are tactically the best by far. there is no specific route to each bunker, because there are so many ways of getting to that bunker. walk, run, stand up, crouch and run, crawl, slide etc etc etc all just for one bunker...and you cant do half those options playing speedball (unless you want to become a light bulb).

never felt better when i managed to CRAWL on my stomach commando style from one side of woods to the other at my local site. went past the opposition, simply stood up, walked toward them, and pwnd the whole team from behind. sweet :D

plus you never really know where shots come from. its got such a better atmosphere, but is such a slow game sometimes.

mctractorboy

Brotherhood - Gething
Mar 30, 2004
Newport
i've never played woodsball my self, i want to give it a go soon. I think at the moment i would personally prefer speedball!

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
ive been playing for about 5 years now

3 and a half of that has been woodsball, rec ball and walk ons.

i have to say i loved it.

but since i have started playing tournament paintball on supair fields ive never looked back

ive loved every second of the paintball i have done, its just a different rush.

the reason why people sling paint is because the game is different, paint needs to be slingged to stop people from playing moving etc.

woods ball is very much a case of look after the amount of paint you chuck as otherwise it becomes very expensive, thats why some teams have sponsorship deals on the paint. (some teams actually have sponsorship others just get a discount)

i know people who tried the progression from woods to tourny and didn't like it.
its all about preference and what kind of buzz your after.

peace