Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Woodsball markers vs speedball

Terrorsinx

Jun 1, 2014
Ancient topic but just want everything I've got the dm11 however I just wanna know a lot.

So range, reliability, firepower everything you can think of I wanna know XD

Apr 17, 2014
with speedball guns you can play woodsball and speedball but with a woodsball gun it would be harder to play speedball. with speedball markers you have to clean them quite often, however with tipmaans you dont need to clean them that much

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
All markers should be limited to lower than 300 fps ideally 280-290.
So range should be about the same,Apex tips do add a bit of range as they apply backspin.
Accuracy comes with consistency ,i.e. the marker fires the same amount of gas each time, also the bottle's reg supply's the correct pressure.
Then your onto ball size/ barrel match, then onto the quality of the paint.
So in a nut shell decent speedball marker, that's serviced,with a good barrel match, firing quality round, seam free paint us as good as you are going to get.
Then its down to you,as you are firing the thing.
Practice practice practice and have fun whilst doing it.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
/\ WHS - a speedball marker will outperform a woodsball marker in every department - except "realism", which is a waste of time.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
No such thing as a woodsball gun or a speedball gun
Only what people perceive them to be

Take an ergonomicaly designed gun for paintball into the woods, or put on a bit of rail and it's the same gun in the woods as it is on the tournament field

Take a mechanical gun designed around looking a little like a real gun onto the tournament field and you would be outgunned by the more efficient capabilities of electronic guns

Take a highly skilled player with a semi auto mechanical gun, a good trigger finger and a decent hopper and face him with a less experienced player with a high rate of fire electronic gun then one of two things happen:

1) skills beat inexperience
2) high rate of fire, plus constant reloading compensate for the skills differnence and the new player holds down the experienced player by paying attention

MrJerryCan

Sep 8, 2014
Speedball - better range, accuracy, speed
woodsball - better reliability and sometimes better range

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Speedball - better range, accuracy, speed
woodsball - better reliability and sometimes better range
These are myths
Range - optimise your velocity & paint bore match
The other way to add range is with backspin, which in the law of physics sacrifices energy at the limit or range
Accuracy - optimise velocity and bore match
Reliability - maintain and know your equipment

MrJerryCan

Sep 8, 2014
These are myths
Range - optimise your velocity & paint bore match
The other way to add range is with backspin, which in the law of physics sacrifices energy at the limit or range
Accuracy - optimise velocity and bore match
Reliability - maintain and know your equipment
My bad, I stand corrected

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
My bad, I stand corrected
As with most myths people believe them, and there can be elements of truth

It's more what the players style wants than the difference in guns

In speedball the greatest range you need is either start gate to start gate, or diagonaly corner to corner (providing there is a line of sight and bunkers aren't in the way)

Outside of tournament there may be large fields, but rarely a wide open area
The worst part about taking time and effort to get up close is being shot in the back by a longballer who can't reach the opposition - because they are standing just out of range

Optimal range / accuracy is not gained by pure velocity. Match bore and you can often find turning velocity slightly down will reduce speed but can gain energy that makes it go a little further and straighter

Both the speedballer and the woodsballer can gain more eliminations by getting up close and taking the first kill