Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

woodsball techniques

Ghost17

Nov 7, 2005
Aberdeen, Scotland
Visit site
Hey im going to be taking part in a woodsball tourney (prob 10 v 10 or higher) in the next coupple of weeks and was wondering if anyone had some good tips / techniques that they wouldnt mind sharing.
Cheers all!

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Look around a lot. A lot of newer players are just not very aware of what's happening around them because they are hiding too much.

Stop frequently, if it is a big field, just to look for opponents. It is easier to spot movement. In woodsball, half the thing is seeing the other guy first.

Don't take off your goggles until you are somewhere that no one is allowed to shoot. Depth perception is so important in paintball.

Have fun!

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
Don't get tunnel vision, like Gyroscope said is very improtant to be able to observe. As the sites not that big remeber to keep an eye on the situation an where the other teams plays have moved to.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Oh, you said woodsball tournament! My apologies, I read your post wrong.

You may find that you can break pretty deep in the woods, since it is hard to shoot long through low branches. A lot of people won't be looking up when they walk fields, since forest canopy isn't a factor in most tournaments.

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
Probly speed then stealth. Try and get a good position, like above the fort and then stopping the other team moving so your team can move up and start to take 'em out :)

Thats the theory anyways

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Well, depending on where the game is going on you could listen for the sounds of civilization, a motorway perhaps and move toward the sound. This will eventually see you out of the woods. Alternatively, any trail or better yet, stream or river, if followed will likely also eventually see you out of the woods. A map and compass are ideal but gps is probably the best. Regardless, remain calm, keep your wits about you and your socks dry and all should be well.

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
i find stealth is good in woods get most of your team and u break right alone like all the way to the boundarie, speed aint that important as in the woods if you swift but not running u wont be spotted as easily by a stationary person