Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Worth buying from America ?

Howzy

Northern Blackouts Capitano #29
Jan 31, 2015
North east
Hi guys

Ino there's a thread also named like this but the topic is slightly different.

I'm going to Florida in a couple of months and was going to try and bring some kit back but have a few questions. Firstly are there any paintball shops in Florida ? As when I look on the Internet you have to type in a postcode and obvisouly im staying in a hotel and im unsure of the postcode, a main dealer or a private bussiness would do. Secondly are the prices any cheaper ? As there's no point in buying stuff if there is very minimal price difference, as I'm unsure on what it's like due to this being my first time going to america. And lastly are there any products out in America at the moment that are yet to be released in the UK ?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Callum

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
It will be much cheaper to buy in the U.S.
Take into account your luggage allowance
(It won't be cheaper if you get stung by excess baggage on the flight back)
You are going to save on international postage
And you will most likely skip import vat on your return; to be more sure of that stick to the smaller / lower value items of soft goods and accessories. Buy a new gun and bring it back in its case and expect to pay import vat on it
Avoid cylinders - if you do bring one back then make sure it is pi marked or you cannot use it here and the regulator is off or you cannot fly with it. don't believe salesmen who tell you that you can use it here, look for the mark and it probably won't have it

Check out ansgear.com to compare prices

You can get items posted to the hotel, but will need to check with them what charge they will make (eg about $5 to receive and hold it for you) then you can get all the details when you contact them

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
use the zip code 34747 if you're staying in Kissimmee/International Drive area. You can pick up some stuff in shops over there, more low end basic markers but they do sell the odd loader and stuff too. I think there are a couple of paintball sites within driving distance so you could chance it and see if they have an onsite shop.

Failing that, order online and pay for priority shipping if you can, most hotels will accept deliveries for you.

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I'm going out this friday for a fortnight, I won't be visiting any paintball sites but will update this thread with what's available on the shelves in other stores.

Howzy

Northern Blackouts Capitano #29
Jan 31, 2015
North east
I'm going out this friday for a fortnight, I won't be visiting any paintball sites but will update this thread with what's available on the shelves in other stores.
I know about the air bottle problems people have etc so I probably wouldn't buy one out there i think Id have to do abit of research into what's cheaper. If I bought anything it would only be stuff like a pack, barrel backs, maybe a loader nothing big like a marker or a mask.

Yer good idea if you could find out what's available for me and if there are any shops near by and what there prices are like.

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Some of the sports shops do sell paintball equipment, I don't know if it's any cheaper or not.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Not usually, depending on the town, there are dedicated shops. Normally they're in the larger urban areas. Or even at the large fields. For instance in Northern VA, they shut down the Pev's pro shop in town, and moved it to their field, and it was pretty big, and had a ton of options of gear.

If you're near Miami, splat attack has a pretty big presence, although I've never personally been into their stores: http://www.splatattack.com/Pro-Shops_ep_35.html

http://www.50states.com/zipcodes/florida.htm#.VUChMKNVhBc

Pick a city, and there's the postal codes (zip codes in the states).