Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Would this totally suck?

hey, just wanted to run this by you guys. I was thinking up new stuff for our 7 man team to try. Anyway, what i was thinking about was, since our team is based on friend ship, not skill, we have some pretty sup par players (not that i'm any ollie lang, but). Anyway, since our team usually loses 1-2 players at break virtually every game, i was thinking that we could send out our worst player (he's our 3rd front, usually dies with no kills) strait from break to run to the enemy side, shooting like it's the end of the world, die, and allow the rest of us to make it from break, and, maybe hit some opposing players (his average can only get better). This was just something i though of in Algebra I, so i wanted to run it by all of you here. Let me know you thoughts or criticisms on this, and if anyone has any weird ideas for a 7 man team, we'll try it and let you know how it worked out (it's really all we do is weird stuff).

SilentInvasion Cpt

Aug 1, 2003
Visit site
great plan

I think it should work. If he's fast, at least it will leave the other team confused. A key to paintballing is causing chaos for the other team, and i cant think of a better way.

Let us know how it goes:D

GIVE 'EM HELL

GSuperstar

Planet Eclipse
Jul 17, 2003
Manchester
www.facebook.com
it might be worth watching a game when he plays one time, then finding out 'why' he keeps getting taken off the break, that way you can focus on that bad point and help him get better and better at it until he no longer gets taken out from it. Then it means that he can enjoy playing the games and in theory you should have a stronger team.
hope that's some good advice

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
how many guns do you have shooting off the break. the reason why your guys might not be getting to their bunkers is beacuse your back guys aren't giving enough support.
If it's 5 man try havin 4 shootin off the break in tiers. so your front man goes without shooting, your mids shoot for 5 seconds down their lanes before going and your back guys keep shooting.

7 man same sort of principles...
ask other teams to watch and tell you where they think your going wrong. Ask the other teams what they are doing to sweet spot you out of the break...

DarWood

Dagenham Swarm
Nov 30, 2002
Yea you could do that, but errrrm just ask Robbo from Nexus what happened when the tontons tried it :D :p

The most important thing is are you in it for a laugh? or are you serious about winning?
If you guys are in it for a major laugh, and have no consideration to wether you want to win or lose, then fair do's send him down the middle, and see how far he gets.
If you are serious about winning then you want to concentrate on keeping as many people as possible. Using a player who (maybe crap) down the middle isnt a good choice, he's usable and will cost you points.
Look at why you lose 1-2 players off the break. Is it because you are trying to get to the middle all the time?, are you using the surrounding barricades to your advantage when moving to your primaries?, is there enough of your players shooting off the break?
There's limitless reasons why you get shot off the break. You have to look at the field you are playing on, and judge what are the best barricades to go to, will they get me if i go here/there, can i do this/can i do that.
I wont lie, sending someone down the middle to try and shoot everyone can confuse the opposition, BUT! will cost you one more gun from the game, and will lose you one player off the break anyways. They have started the game and are already 7-6 up on you. You do the math!, oh algebra GET IT!! :rolleyes: :p
Darren

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
If your live on the field, your in the game. As frontline says it's live bodies that count. Angles, lanes, movement all secondary to staying alive. If your losing 2 players a game trying to make the fifty, logic dictates it probably ain't doable. No point getting capped trying to make it to the fifty. Even if you make you could be stuck up there with no support and you going to get pinched out pretty darn quick if you do play that way.

Some fields do allow for run throughs, but you need a run through game. This is difficult to learn and pull off. One player through and onto the oppositions 40, 30 etc is risky, and he stands a high probability chance of getting pulled but can work if played right. You need to look at getting other players to use this distraction to move up on the opposition and be sticking gats in peoples faces, quickly. It relies on all elements of your game being in place from the backline up.

Perhaps you should look at a more conservative breakout, but get your shooters roll'in and look for Mids and Fronts to move up in quick bumps. If the backs are raining death from their primaries the opposition should be mental to stick their heads outta into incoming.

Rather than all out sacrifice of a player, look for other options. It can work, but it's not allways the best way.

IMHO.

Loki *Uk*

Aug 12, 2003
Bolton. Lancs
Visit site
Tried a similar thing at the PA Cup, we figured out you got 25 points just for getting to the flag first, so muggins here volunterred to do it.

Ahhhh remonising.....

It was a hot day, on field 2 (a bloody aggresive field). Made it to the 50 bunker in 2 short sprints. Dived over the bunker with a slight half twist double somersault, and grabbed the flag. Marshall comes and paint checks me. I am Clear, exstasy, I made it!!

Then thinking bugger, what do I do now??

OKay will try and crawl under this here inflatable bunker on might right.

Oooppppsss Goggled.

Remonise over

Its fun the foolish runs, but they do hurt, especially a shot in the Nads (cheers Nottingham) :D