Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

X-Ball: a new game format

markh

Shockwave III
Aug 6, 2001
Bristol
www.katzpaintballteam.co.uk
as well as paintbills going skyhigh, smaller teams will have trouble getting the spare players to rotate. Some teams have trouble getting 5 players.

Will the fields layout be fixed or will different layouts be allowed ? I think different layouts would make the game more interesting.

Originally posted by markh
as well as paintbills going skyhigh, smaller teams will have trouble getting the spare players to rotate. Some teams have trouble getting 5 players.
I think the idea at the moment is for big teams and teams representing their countries to compete with this format so number of players shouldn't be a problem. I can't see the whole game going this way but I think it will be interesting to see how it goes if and when it actually happens.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Paint bill

I don't think the paint bill will be higher - in fact it could well be less.

Think about it. you play for 40 mins and in that 40 mins you will probably play about 8--10 games.

But in order to get the games that quick the fields will have to be set up with so many bunkers to allow moves that the spray and pray of big, wide, open fields wont apply. It will be much more about the movement.

It depends on what you're comparing. If it's 1 "game" of 40 mins to 1 (max) 10 min game then yeah, it will be higher. But if you compare it by total time on the field I think it might work out less.

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
There's only 1 problem...

...the format is a direct ripoff of the USPL format that's been played already. I played in it.

Funny thing is that a few years ago people flamed it hard saying that the format sucked, that it was too hard to play, that it was too exhausting on the players, and that it would never take off. Oh, and that real tourney guys would never play it.

**sigh**

I can also tell you how the game will go. I've seen it before. Thre's going to be a lot of stalemates, a lot of sitting and shooting. A lot of games going ot time limit. I can also tell you that the players will be winded, and they may not be able to play more than 1 match a day if they're really trying to win. If they're doing it right, eatch match should be like playing 8-10 tournament games in one session.

All I know is that I won't get invited... REgardless of expirence.

-Tyger

Diablo IAO

Well the X-Ball idea looks set to be tried out at this year's Diablo International Open event. Not as the format for the event proper but a 'Nations Cup' idea much like the one that happens in Portugal every year. Because there's no Pro division there, I suppose its the logical place to try the idea out. We'll find out how well XBall works in August I guess!

Greg

Banned
Jul 9, 2001
Campaign aka me home
I'm up for it but I still want to go back to the woodland with s0ome killer crawls, "but the spectators", are they playing the game? are they paying out?

Yeah back to Holmbush this autumn/Winter me reckon

Originally posted by Greg
I'm up for it but I still want to go back to the woodland with s0ome killer crawls, "but the spectators", are they playing the game? are they paying out?

Yeah back to Holmbush this autumn/Winter me reckon
Mate... the spectators make the game a helluva lot more intense... go to Toulouse this year and you'll know what I mean :) As for Thunder's anniversary, I have no idea whatsoever... what's that got to do with anything????:D