The Home Of European Paintball

X-ball Dvd's?

Crusher

Wondering whats next??
Mar 11, 2002
Illinois
the Orlando 2003 Xball is about.

Had a few on the stand at the PA.

Good two disc pack with all the Divisional games on. Shall I bring ya one to the next PA?

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
There is one of the 2003 World cup Divisional XBall, 2 disk set by 720.

It's rather rubbish, poorly editied, bad music, bad camera work, annoying as hell and inacurate heads up displays, no comentary, dull as hell inserts between games.

I guess its kinda ok if you wanna see XBall, but it is presented in such a way that makes following the games nigh on impossible. Video montages to a punk soundtrack are all well and good in short doses but not over 2 disks of footage. A lot of the editing it done directly to the music and therefore does not do it any favours. Hey, i like my punk music but thank god u have the option of turning the bad punk presented here off, unfortunatly the video remains still edited to the music. I tried showing it to some of my non ball buddies and it confused the **** out of them. I don't think the makers understadn a lot of the basic concepts of good effective camera work. Paintball could live or die on the way it is presented on TV to the public...the amaturish presentation of this DVD is not a good sign.

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Not xball, but paintball filming in general.

I thought the finals at the end of the NPPL 2003 Vegas DVD were good. Communicated the overall game picture as well as capturing the moves.

I get bored very quickly with the rock/punk montages, a 5 secend dose is about all i can cope with. :D