Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

X-ball/NPPL Super 7/Millennium - where do we stand ?

J

Johan

Yea right!

3 teams for X ball, Ton Tons, RL, and Nexus I think.

Money my frend!! :cool:

bozza

's gonna get ya!
Jul 19, 2001
www.mayhemtigers.com
Millennium

I have it on good authority that the millennium will be both X and 7 man with teams being able to do both if they can afford it.

If you commit to doing X you have to do 6 euro events and 2 Us events. I believe it costs £10,000 per team to get into X.
Boz

NIALL

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
As a regular poster on these boards I don't want people to think I've seen this post and not responded.

We in Europe have several options, but one over-riding facet dictates what we do. We have worked long and hard to earn our position in world paintball, and as a result the factions stateside very much want to use our name to give credibility to theirs.

But can we support a series which has not run an event yet? Or can we combine with a series which does not in any way relate to our own? Laurent and I both feel strongly about maintaining the reputation and integrity of the Millennium Series and should we combine with anyone just yet? Why should we?

But what about X Ball?? This is slightly different. Europe has heard about it but only a few have played or seen it. We have the opportunity to run a series of X ball events next year inside the Millennium Series. This proposal means that the top US Teams will come to Europe and the top Euro Teams can go Stateside, but of course this will come at a price. We are at this moment working out the budget, which will have to be met by promoters and teams alike. We need to see that there will be takers to the offer. If there isn't then there won't be an X Ball in Europe. We will do all we can to minimise the cost to the teams and hopefully enable them to play the X Ball and 7 man Events, but the worrying thing is that the difference between the level of team sponsorship in Europe and Stateside is vast.

The other selfish point is that to run this as a trial would be a hell of a lot of extra grief for us over-worked promoters ((Sob Sob Sympathy Sympathy)

If there is any news I will let you know.

Niall

NIALL

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Boz, The 10k is Hypethetical.. Its just a figure which came from over the water.. As the budget has not been done we can't work out the cost yet. I think the costs would be a lot lot less than that but I don't know yet.

Niall

NIALL

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
The Promoter needs to at least cover his costs. As the tournament already is netted has fields etc etc these should be minimal. But The scoreboard, judging costs etc are extra.

Can we make anything out of X Ball.. I wonder to tell the truth. Euro Sport in general is completely different to US Sport. We are driven by the pursuit of excellence they see to be driven by the buck. We want to put on a good show and if X Ball is what the players want we've got to look at it. The profit made at a tournament has never been my first consideration , I not going to change now.

But don't try to get me to say what its going to cost because I don't know!

Niall