Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

X-ball/NPPL Super 7/Millennium - where do we stand ?

Pete

I am fairly certain it stems from his directly arrogant way of responding, it seems to jar me in the same way. Chris, you always post with an air of absolute authority - never opinion or subjecture, just straight 'know-it-all' fact. And you know what, sometimes that really gets up peoples noses.

People who think they are always right really annoy those of us that are. :D

rancid

Mother, is that you?
Here Chirs, I'm always right too, but try and use some of my phrases..

a) do you think it could be blah blah blah
b) That's a great point, but have you considered blah blah blah
c) Personally I disagree, I always thought it should be blah blah blah, but hey what do I know...

It's simple, it's courteous, it's endearing, it's a fkin winner.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Some of these threads should be acted out as comedy sketches... they are freakin hilarious at times.

I can just picture it with Harry Enfield...

You have to admit there are some great charachter ideas here...

And the idea of Jay waving a big stick is both scary and amusing at the same time :)

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Raehl - I'm having a real problem with your maths here & can't quite understand it.
I attend lots of tourneys which last 1 day, around 40 teams attending, usually 4 fields, 10 minute games.
How can half the number of teams play, same number of fields, 1 hour games, and SAVE money??:confused:
I also fail to see how paying the marshalls for a second day's work, and having to spend an extra night in a hotel, can cut costs as you imply.
Whatever way you look at it, you're talking about the same paint & travel bill, less teams playing in the time available, same number or more marshalls, same amount of overheads for the organiser. It HAS to cost more.

Gee

Mar 18, 2002
Reading UK
Visit site
Is

Originally posted by TJ Lambini
X-Ball now open to ALL PSP teams, or is that just a rumor?
Each X-Ball tourney has a certain number of spots for teams. The league teams take up their places and then then remaining spots are opened up to Semi-Pro then Am then novice until all are filled.

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Pete

Originally posted by ascutt
I am fairly certain it stems from his directly arrogant way of responding, it seems to jar me in the same way. Chris, you always post with an air of absolute authority - never opinion or subjecture, just straight 'know-it-all' fact. And you know what, sometimes that really gets up peoples noses.

People who think they are always right really annoy those of us that are. :D
(There's been a lot of talk about thread-jacking these days vis-à-vis the new regime. I personally think it's o.k. to take a slight parenthetic departure for a couple of posts as long as it doesn't become a full-fledged spin-off.)

I've mentioned in other contexts that I appreciate the Britishness of this forum because Brits tend to be able to have serious debate, keep it civilized and because of that not get bent out of shape, compared to many Americans. (Stereotypes, for sure, that have many exceptions.) I have had British friends and friends of other nationalilites accuse me and Americans in general (because our lack of diplomatic skills) of being know-it-alls, besserweiser. It may be a stereotype but there's truth to it.

I think the Brits can be argued with without them going ballistic if we use the conventions of civility. Just like it's possible to speak English in Paris if you begin by saying "Bonjour" and asking "Parlez-vous anglais?"and apologize for not speaking French.

If the tone seems arrogant or overbearing then we can see definite evidence of Brits getting bent out of shape. (Doh!)

Just some thoughts. In my humble opinion. What do you think?:) :)

So, Chris, sign up for my course in intercultural communication, dude! Or else!:D

Steve

PS. Corrected afterwards of an idiotic mistake.

SM