Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

X-ball scores! Inquiring minds need to know.

Diggie

Great Balls of Styrofoam
Re: Re: What you got against green, boy?

Originally posted by Baca Loco

Lardy indeed! :p
My point was the format isn't intended to serve as a new model for general tourney paintball--hence a game most or all tourney ballers participate in. It is intended as a format that will allow for the formation of a real, honest to God pro league--hence only real, professional ballers will be playing.
I was neither complaining nor commenting only offering my view of what's up.
Perhaps a Baca to English to Diggie dictionary is in order.:)
Actually, all I did was agree with you. :)

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Baca, don't worry. He's in my team, that would explain why he doesn't make sense. None of us do very often, but hey, we're Dutch.

Micah, Richmond Italia didn't pay for everything, he just covered a lot of the expenses. It was Denmark that had to pull out (the Dutch.... I wish). You might recall that the English almost went the same route, had it not been for PGI and WDP stepping up and supporting what may well be the most exciting team in UK history.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Micah
No, I think I'm good. Anything you think i should know?
Actually I thought of 2 things I wanted to know. Why does Ant Look so much like the Pictures of David Jarvis I've seen. And Can I get in contact with TJ or is he jsut a figment of my imagination or one of somebody's Multiple personalities. And 3rd How come ... if Mr Italia paied for everything why couldn't the dutch ... or who ever it was (I'm still recovering from a couple of parties ... Butler was such a happening town :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I can't remember) make it. I remember hearing it was due to money issues ... but ... oh well ...
There are 3 kinds of people in this world: Thoughs Who can count and thoughs who can't.
-Micah
Micah, I don't think I am aware of any conspiracies just yet but if I do get to hear of any, be assured, you will be second on the list, after Tyger, to be informed.

As for Ant looking like Dave Jarvis, well, that one is news to me and perhaps an insult to Ant as Jarvis is one ugly mofo :)
If you stayed in Butler, then your fault duuuude, shoulda come to the Sheraton where all the fun was camped out in the form of the top pros and top industry figures mingling with the mortals (that bit was for Tyger).
Richmond paid for the entire set up of X-Ball and handed the teams $5000 each to help with travelling expenses.
For the Danes, this was not enough and they could not find a way to get the rest, for others, it was enough !

*Thoughs* ?????????
Tsk ! Tsk! Micah :)

Robbo

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Just to clarify

Originally posted by Nick Iuel-Brockdorff
The reasons USD 5,000 wasn't enough for us were:

1) I saw that having a well trained pitcrew along was imperative to winning, so we needed those extra expenses covered too

Nick
Hmmm, my biggest failing :(

Pete

Diggie

Great Balls of Styrofoam
Originally posted by Buddha 3
Baca, don't worry. He's in my team, that would explain why he doesn't make sense. None of us do very often, but hey, we're Dutch.
Look, speaking cattle-onian is hard enough, so don't give me a lard time for trying.

Point is, whenever something exciting and fresh like X-Ball is poking its head through the door (damn I wish I could have witnessed it), people are barfing up some ridiculous claims about the men in black behind the scenes. I just don't buy that when these same men are experienced ballers who not only talk the talk but walk the walk too.

Don't be so hard on yourself Robo...

You got waaaay bigger failings.

Tha Richmond quote is a doosie - if - and it's a big IF - it's already in place, and there are 8 major teams lined up to play Xball League, then who's missing, cos by my reckoning ya got:

Avalanche
Dynasty
Shock
SC Men
Bob's Men
Bad Company
Strange
All As
Gz

Which one of tha big 9 is missing? Cos it ain't Bad Company, cos everyone wants Kingman at tha party.

Now if Tyger's right, then it's gotta be Shock that ain't been invited to tha party...and it wouldn't be a real party without arguably the winningest team in history. If Shock's missing, then Tyger's hit the nail on the head.

Me? I think All As may be missing...

And where does that leave Lockout and Rage?

And who's tha NPPL playing with?

And what does Jerry think about all this? Is it GZ that ain't getting involved?

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Originally posted by Diggie

Look, speaking cattle-onian is hard enough, so don't give me a lard time for trying.

Point is, whenever something exciting and fresh like X-Ball is poking its head through the door (damn I wish I could have witnessed it), people are barfing up some ridiculous claims about the men in black behind the scenes. I just don't buy that when these same men are experienced ballers who not only talk the talk but walk the walk too.
Yes. Did anyone argue against that? Who are you arguing with?

See, we even confuse ourselves.... :D

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Interesting thread this!
TJ's post makes me think - so is this going to be a closed shop for the initial 8 teams selected already for the league?

If this is to succeed, there HAS to be a way for other teams to get in somehow, maybe like the football promotion/demotion thing. But if these are the only teams playing X-ball in the first place, how are the incoming teams selected (the demotion criteria should be clear)? Is promotion to the X-Ball league going to be decided on NPPL results, PSP results, Millennium results, some weird & convoluted combination of all three? Teams will only strive to be part of it if it means it really is the elite teams they are playing against, plus if there's no "new blood" the whole thing will get very stale within a couple of years.

I know this is a load of questions & no answers, but I think these subjects need to be thought of up front rather than fixing things once it's proved they're broken - it could be too late by then.

As it stands now, it's looking very much a US only league. So what happes if a European team like the Legion really start to rock & win every millennium plus a load of top US tourneys. Oh well, "World Series" baseball is US only so why not Paintball?;)

I don't think it has to and I don't think it will...these 8 teams will contest a league and become large money-spinners for tha ownsers. Players will be paid and when they retire the existing pball pool will be where coashes hunt out and pick up new players. Maybe if it goes well the 8 will become 16, and then segregate into an east coast/west coast league. Maybe there will be a Euro league separate.

Whatever, I think an 8-team Xball league looks like being the start and the way things are gonna be for the next coupla years...interesting to see how that affects tha remaining teams, sponsor deals etc.