Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

X-ball scores! Inquiring minds need to know.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Diggie's still got my head spinning

but here goes.
Liz--the league will add owners who will deliver teams to selected marketplaces if and when the existing league ownership (should it actually evolve) sees expansion as either necessary or desireable or both. And to get in owners/teams will likely pay franchise fees to get into the game and join the club.
Players will strive to be part of it cus they'll get paid to play paintball.
As to "pro" ranks remaining on the tourney circuit why bother maintaining the fiction? Just rename all the divisions.
As to who the eight original teams will be is less important than the eight original markets.

Regarding all the dark plotting going on in back rooms only reason Dynasty is a given is cus of the location and players but this league begins with owners and backing (and players will go where the money is. C'mon.)

And, Yes, existing high profile team names will likely be used but who says they'll have the rosters they have now?

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Hmmm....
Perhaps, if this indeed the way forward, we need to attach teams to areas/cities. Works in other sports. That way you can gather the paintball enthusiasts of that area around that team.
I can see it now.... "Ladies and gentlemen, let's give a New York welcome to the London Backlash!"

Amsterdam Bandits........ has a nice ring to it somehow. :p

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
OK, so you're talking about it being run like the NFL. Makes sense to me, just wanted to make sure that this kind of thing had been worked out beforehand, rather than the owners of the league making it up as they went along.

Going to be an interesting few years ahead in the US! I, of course, can just sit back & watch the fun as I never was good enough for this kind of format let alone now I'm even older.

Micah

Originally posted by Robbo

Micah, I don't think I am aware of any conspiracies just yet but if I do get to hear of any, be assured, you will be second on the list, after Tyger, to be informed.
*Thoughs* ?????????
Tsk ! Tsk! Micah :)

Robbo
Funny how tyger and I are both the resident Pump guys here and we played on the same team at IAO ... coincidence? I think maybe.

Is Paranoia Contagious?:D

-Micah

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Micah
Funny how tyger and I are both the resident Pump guys here and we played on the same team at IAO ... coincidence? I think maybe.
Is Paranoia Contagious?:D
-Micah

Micah, I think you need to broaden your horizons a little mate, paranoia may well be contagious if you are alone in too confined a space with an infected person, if you get my drift :)
Robbo

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
Don't be so hard on yourself Robo...

Originally posted by TJ Lambini

Now if Tyger's right, then it's gotta be Shock that ain't been invited to tha party...and it wouldn't be a real party without arguably the winningest team in history. If Shock's missing, then Tyger's hit the nail on the head.
Flashpoint hasn't been invited either, TJ, why haven't you called Richmond about that yet?

Now if they're smart, they'll read the boards, and announce 'Shock as another team involved to throw us off.

But I'm still right.

-Tyger

dcruz

Jul 24, 2001
Portugal
Visit site
Robbo,

Do you always have to be like that when somenone disagrees with your point of view?

To clarify things:

1 - Americans are the best in Paintball - No doubt and no arguments against it.

2 - This was a MARKETING event and therefore Richmond spent the money everybody knows.

3 - If it´s a demo event - what´s wrong with being fixed? If it´s a first event, where eveything must be for the show, what better show to make USA win it on home ground...

So stop complaining about everybody´s opinion on this and do some constructive comments.

P.S - It must be from the rain you guys get in Englan all the time! :D

Diogo

dcruz

Jul 24, 2001
Portugal
Visit site
About the fixing?

Let´s just say that if I would be the promoter of such event I would do the same...

T.J - I´m not criticizing anything that this or that team was prevented from achieving results, all i´m saying that this was an exhibition (is it like this?) event.... USA would win it the same... but marshalling was helpful.

Diogo