Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

x-box or ps3 advice

G

Gassy

Right some advice please guys

I have come into £250 in vouchers and don't really want to spend them in Bhs or Debenhams so................................

looking at either of the above and want to know what machine to spend my free vouchers on ?

dvd and internet don't really matter as have both already via Laptop and 3 dvd players in the house.

gimme your wisdom guys ?

Already have a wii but my lad wants "better" games

Talfryn

The Attritionist
May 14, 2010
West Sussex
Ps3, you don't have to pay to play on line so once you've spent your vouchers thats it, no more hidden costs!

FPSJoshwaa

The Other Guy
Dec 5, 2010
Wiltshire
hmm, as i have/had both umm i have the xbox atm as i got 'bored' of the ps3 but kinda want one again. i would say go for a ps3 as it has a blu-ray player within itself so no need of for that. the only thing i'd be careful about is atm the sony playstation network has been hacked recently if you havent heard and it may still be vulnerable so i'd be carefull.
xbox is some pretty damn good fun, live is good just shame you gotta pay 30 quid for the year for it.

Thib

Nov 26, 2008
Newcastle
I use xbox, not because it's better, but because most of my friends do, and it's always better to play online with people you know.
xboxlive is something like 40 a year, it's nothing compare to what paintball cost us :)

Blue Beanie

I <3 Summer!!!!!
Dec 27, 2009
Devon
I use xbox, not because it's better, but because most of my friends do, and it's always better to play online with people you know.
xboxlive is something like 40 a year, it's nothing compare to what paintball cost us :)
what thib said.
In my opinion the PS3 is better value in the long term (online) and offers more than the xbox like blu ray.
i also pla as all my friends bar 2 do and it is great fun
ask him to check what his mates play so the can play together, much more fun that way ;)

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Gassy, I did my research 12 months ago and the PS3 won due to the no-fee's multiplay, and the blueray player. It also upgrades it's software regularly, and I got an update recently that told me I could now play 3d games and movies on it, which I thought was cool.

For games, you don't get the Halo ones, as they are Xbox only, but there are also several PS3-only equivalents. All the best games are available on all platforms though.
I also think the PS3 (slim) is better to look at than the xbox, and I waaaay prefer the controllers. The Xbox ones look like they have been designed for giants. The PS3 ones are what I would call 'normal size'.

Then (and this is the big one) there is the demographic. Xbox users are (and this is an educated guess) on-average 10 years younger and 50IQ points lighter than your average Ps3 user. I consider the PS3 the adult choice of platform, but if this is for the kids, then maybe that's not what you're looking for...

PS3 = 1337
Xbox = laaame

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Forgot this. No point going with a PS3 if your mates are on Xbox, and vice versa.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
All the cool kids have Xboxes. PS3s are for bigots.
yeah, you see this is what you can expect from your X-box users.
This one knows the word 'bigot', which is impressive, but most of them can only go to 4-letter words, not counting the n-word...