Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

x-box or ps3 advice

B 2the eano

Mar 19, 2011
Xbox is more of a social console, whereas the PS3 is more of a hardcore gaming multimedia centre due to Blu Ray. If it's for your son & he's a teenager, I'd say most of his friends have Xbox's. Give most kids an xbox and a copy of Call of Duty and you'll hardly see them (except for when you tell them to go to bed. That's when they get angry).

Xbox - Better online features, more user friendly, and better controller in my opinion.
PS3 - Better all round features, online is free but it's not exactly amazing, and has Gran Turismo 5 ;)

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
I own both. The 360 is used much more. Greatly prefer the interface. Not a fan of the ps3 controller either.

And there is always the nice upside of not having your personal information stolen, or the multiplayer platform go down for weeks on end after hacking. As mentioned £30-40 per year (depending on offers) is not exactly massive money, especially in comparison to paintball.

Go with whichever most of your friends have. If none of them really play I would go 360.

xDansomee

Speedball in the woods!
May 30, 2009
Manea, Cambs.
www.iBotModz.net
Having owned both, I'd say without a doubt the Xbox is the better choice.

The way everything is laid out on the Xbox 'dashboard' compared to the PS3 is a lot better, and has a more appealing appearance to the eyes, not forgetting that it's a lot easier to use than the PS3 alternative.

Yes, the PS3 has a blue-ray player, but who cares? I can watch films on my dvd player in HD, and that's fine. I brought the Xbox for what it's meant to be used for... To play games :O

Even though you can generally get the same games on both platforms, it seems the versions that are on the Xbox get supported way more, with updates and patches etc as well. Also as above, you can't get Halo on the PS3, if you have played the Halo games, you will know what I mean when I say they are a must have series.

I have tiny hands, yet I find the Xbox controller waaaay more comfortable and ergonomic. It is shaped well, the buttons are placed well and are all easy to press. Whereas with the PS3 the controllers are tiny, and you pretty much have to clench your hands closed to hold it, which makes your fingers ache a lot. The buttons are placed okay, but feel cheap and tacky. The triggers on the back of the controllers are pathetic, the worst excuse for a 'trigger' I have ever used. It's pretty much impossible to hold them down for more than a few seconds without them slipping out of your grip.

PS Network is free yes, but you get what you pay for... As you pay for nothing, you pretty much get that. With the Xbox, yeah you pay £40 a year, which is a whopping £3 something a month (really breaks the bank!) but again, you get what you pay for. A huge online community, a stylish dashboard, loads of free content, un-frequent but generally good/major updates, and as people will probably mirror. More people who have the Xbox console play online compared to the small number of people (in my experience) who play the PS3. So you won't have to look hard for people you know to have accounts.

I'm 17, and when I play on Call of Duty, or Halo, or even GTA IV, the vast majority of people I play with/against are older than me, sure you do get the occasional kid who won't shut up, but that doesn't really bother me, I just mute them and carry on. With PS3, no one online speaks I swear, I suppose it's because they aren't stupid enough to have to fork out an additional £30 or so for a headset.

Anyway, just my 2p.

Stencil

pew pew
Sep 8, 2006
Yorkshire.
yeah, you see this is what you can expect from your X-box users.
This one knows the word 'bigot', which is impressive, but most of them can only go to 4-letter words, not counting the n-word...
Oh, please tell me about the CPU, GPU and all the details of the PS3. I really am interested to know about all of the features you guys on the higher ground get from your almighty machine, rather than just playing having fun and playing video games.

G

Gassy

My lad is 9 and thinks Mario sucks,he wants to be mowing zombies,aliens,terrorists and the like.

The blue ray is a big + point on the ps3.

keep the comments coming

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Oh, please tell me about the CPU, GPU and all the details of the PS3. I really am interested to know about all of the features you guys on the higher ground get from your almighty machine, rather than just playing having fun and playing video games.
Wow, did you ask your parents for a PS3 for Chistmas, and they got you an X-box or something?
Do you lose sleep at night thinking about those high-class snobs with their 'almighty' PS3's?

because that's what it sounds like...

Stencil

pew pew
Sep 8, 2006
Yorkshire.
Wow, did you ask your parents for a PS3 for Chistmas, and they got you an X-box or something?
Do you lose sleep at night thinking about those high-class snobs with their 'almighty' PS3's?

because that's what it sounds like...
Yeah, i do. How did you know?

loljk. I don't even own a xbox or ps3 anymore. PCs allday.

B 2the eano

Mar 19, 2011
My lad is 9 and thinks Mario sucks,he wants to be mowing zombies,aliens,terrorists and the like.

The blue ray is a big + point on the ps3.

keep the comments coming
I would advise on the 360 then, it should be a lot easier for him to use.

Yeah, the PS3 does have blu ray but then again Blu Ray players aren't that expensive nowadays anyway.

Another family product that you can get with the Xbox is of course Kinect. Great fun for everyone, you can get some great Xbox, Kinect and game bundles with the £250 you have.

Andy Duggan

Pew Pew Pew
Feb 8, 2010
Coventry
The big question is...do you like having your personal details stolen...if yes then go sony...

Seriously though, i've owned about 4 xbox's and 4 ps3's, always gone back to the xbox...despite the blu ray, if you know what your doing on the interwebs you can 'aquire' 1080i films and stream them to your xbox.

Granted the xbox is more likely to give you the RRoD than the YLoD...but it is a lot easier to fix aswell.