Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Yet another newbie looking for some gun advice

Beedle

Jul 5, 2004
Reading, England
www.alexheaton.tk
Hey, again, im not really a begginer to paintballing but im begginer to getting my own kit! Iv just found a really nice deal where im getting basic hopper/goggles/squeegee/spare kit + a spyder imagine for 85 quid plus p&p from america!! anyway, i was wondering what kind of upgrades and stuff people might suggest? obviosuly im going to get an air tank upgrade fairly soon, money allowing, but im looking for barrel upgrades etc. at the moment. Any ideas?
Im also lookign for a team/group in the reading/london area to practise with if anyones interested.

Cheers,

beedle

Gibbsey

NoOneLikesUsWeDontCare!!
Nov 18, 2003
Kent, UK
www.swarmpaintball.co.uk
Be careful buying from the states, theres some nasty stories about people getting stung at customs. Remember to add Tax to your 90 quid...

i would suggest forking out a bit more and buying second hand. (old angel, impulse etc)

I would imagine the hopper is non electric, this wont be sufficient whatever marker you buy. (for tourney ball)

Beedle

Jul 5, 2004
Reading, England
www.alexheaton.tk
woah

woah, well the postage alone is another 90 dollars! ok then maybe not, ill keep looking!
i figured right now i cant really fork out any more, but as soon as i start getting into things more, ill start properly saving for a much better gun, this one will just be my starting gun.

on that point, anyone know where i can get a spyder imagine for 80+ quid or so?

beedle

Beedle

Jul 5, 2004
Reading, England
www.alexheaton.tk
ah

ah, its alright,

amazon.com will do it with 40 dollars shipping, bring the overall cost to just under 110 quid :p

iv checked up on import tax etc. it seems about 40 percent of stuff gets through, so heres hoping, otherwise its a 17.5 percent extra (equivalent of VAT)

cheers for the warning!

beedle

Beedle

Jul 5, 2004
Reading, England
www.alexheaton.tk
k

i think im gonna wait on this one, save up a bit more like everyone is suggesting and try and get a better second hand one in a bit for 300 quid or so.

oh well, still looking for a team to practise with!

beedle

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
i got my gun off an ebay usa retailer and its gear.

It got through customs without being taxed.

I love my spyder to bits, although im only really a rec baller. I know the gun could hold its own in a beginner tourny, but anything higher and i dont think so.

You are probably better off getting a second hand better gun that will last you, rather than you playing, and then deciding you want another gun.

And yes, the Thermal mask is the most important piece of paintballing equipment :p.

Beedle

Jul 5, 2004
Reading, England
www.alexheaton.tk
reckon

I was thinking that i could get my spyder imagine, then once iv got a job over the summer and iv found a team to practise with etc. id get a better gun after trying out various peoples. Then id always have that backup gun if i wanted to go rec balling with my own gun (an angel would put me at rather a high advantage!) and it could be like my cheap backup.

what dyu reckon?

beedle

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
you get what you pay for m8,i personaly would not bother with cheap blowbacks as you soon get bored of them.you can get a lcd for £250 now as well as imps and old style shockers,then save for a super gat:D :D