Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Yet another question about air....

Smokestyn

Sep 19, 2006
Stafford
Having searched through he rest of the forums and read what I can I'm now slightly confused as to whether I have an HP or LP preset system. When I bought it I simply asked for one that worked with my E-Blade...and duly got a nice shiny PMI Pure Energy 68cl bottle.

Looking through the forums last night I saw several posts stating that if a bottle had a blue neck it was LP and if it had a red neck it was HP. Looking at my bottle I can see its got a blue neck, which makes me think its an LP preset. Slightly suprised at this, as most of what I read implies that an HP preset is better with an Autococker.

Looking at the PMI website however (www.buypmi.com) it appears that all the bottles they sell have blue necks...and that you have to buy a special drop in kit to bring it down to 500psi. Since my bottle is newish (couple of months old) does this mean that things have changed recently ?

Anyone offer sage and enlightened advice. Having just bought an Ego I see that people are recomending HP systems to avoid drop off at high BPS. While I'm not exactly expecting to be chucking out 35bps I would have preferred a system that runs fine "All the time" rather than "Most of the time"

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
HP or LP is delivered by the Reg's on the bottle it self, and has nothing to do with the bottle

As to wether your is HP or LP, depends on what Reg you have on the bottle, do you have a link, or a actual pic of the Reg on your bottle

-james

Smokestyn

Sep 19, 2006
Stafford
Sorry for the confusion..when I said blue neck, I meant the blue preset reg screwed into the bottle

Sadly no pictures at this point in time. The bottle is at a mates place, although it looks exactly like the ones pictures on the PMI website with a silvery blue coloured reg.

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
I would say that you've got one of the New Composite tank's, with the newer Regs on.

i will get back to you to wether it's HP or LP

-james

A1-BOY

Oct 15, 2006
ive got a pmi hp 3000psi bottle which has a light blue reg on it? maybe thats what you've got.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
5000 psi PMI bottles - HP red reg
4500 psi angel branded PMI bottles - LP blue reg

3000 psi PMI bottles - HP reg 3000psi

alluminium 3000 psi bottles PMI - HP reg 3000psi

not personally seen an LP PMI reg, that was blue, that wasn't 3000psi