Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

You Have to see this!!!

eBlader

Nov 18, 2002
Visit site
well

i just showed the clip to a couple of friends who don't play paintball and know very little about it, and asked them what they thought of it. While they agreed that there were some pretty cheesy bits, they also said that the action stuff just looked like people playing paintball. Didn't think it looked staged or anything, in fact they liked the action stuff. and that is the audience it's aimed at, isn't it? Just thought that was quite interesting

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
well

Originally posted by Ant Jones
i just showed the clip to a couple of friends who don't play paintball and know very little about it, and asked them what they thought of it. While they agreed that there were some pretty cheesy bits, they also said that the action stuff just looked like people playing paintball. Didn't think it looked staged or anything, in fact they liked the action stuff. and that is the audience it's aimed at, isn't it? Just thought that was quite interesting
Well, kind of interesting (BTW - what age/sex were these people, not being funny, just curious) but lets do this another way...

If you were a producer sat with a pot of money and had a choice of a few projects to pump your cash into and try and make a success of - would that swing it for you? Seriously?

It gave me no feeling of excitement what so ever, no dramatic tension, no build up and release, no real explanation of the basics of the game they are trying to sell. That's my basic problem with it. You watch it and are none the wiser, bar some information about the smart parts company and their 'patents' (he he)

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Thats cos it's blatently not a sport promo vid....It's bill and ad cramming as much SP down your throat as possible.....It's a hacked up attempt as getting untapped consumers to think of smart-parts whenever they think of paintball.....it'd be clever marketing if they hadn't over done it....
Im with Ant on the cheesey, out of date airball scene...despite the fact its totally staged...joe public probably wouldn't catch on. However as the vid is 2% balling, 90% SP rule the world, and 8% worlds worst dancing competition.....overall, its high up there in the worst 'this is paintball' vids ever chart...

Gotta say i think it sux. If that staged game was shown to someone that didn't know anything about paintball and they thought it was real, it'd be ashamed to say i play. Its so un-exciting and dull.

Love the way they're ramming a fluffy stick through the marker at the chrono...prob the most real part of the whole video

-EDD

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
Oh. My. God.

A 7 minute Smart Parts 2-in-the-morning infomercial. Anyone currently playing Xball in hopes of making money off of a TV deal should go back to their day job. I would rather see paintball never get on TV than see it shown to the public like that. What was most amazing to me was the credits at the end. It took that many people to put that piece of **** together? Me and 10 buds could have done that for the cost of a tape for the handycam.

I'm waing for a followup video where we learn that Adam and Bill teamed up with Al Gore to invent the internet :rolleyes:

johnmassive

Spitfire Factory
Sep 5, 2004
Ion Noob
that vid had more cheese in it than paintball!

still i would love win a trolley dash in that factory. would come out with hundreds and thousands of pounds of gear all of which has had the "made in china" etched off. :D