The Home Of European Paintball

Your federation feedback....

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
on any given day any team can win...

Mr Welly, this is true but generally speaking the better teams will prevail and that's the way it should be but it's much better we assess anything based upon generalities rather than exceptions.

Mr Sci-fi1991, I don't think its the responsibility of the pro teams to tell the 'lesser' teams where they are going wrong mate, I think it better if the lesser teams go into the game with a view to learning themselves, after all, if the lesser team has a team-talk afterwards, it won't be long before the real reasons begin to emerge for the defeat, if in fact it was a defeat.
In essence, the game of paintball and its dynamics aren't complicated, people run, people shoot, people die; the unraveling of these events is not hard if you sit everyone down just after the game and the captain conducts the debrief.
You'd be surprised what you can learn if you adopt this post game strategy.

One of the reasons this is hugely important is because it begins to equip any team with the necessary tools to improve and hopefully go through the ranks; the last thing any up and coming team needs is to be reliant on pro teams letting them know where they went wrong.

There are some pros out there who have zero problem in sitting down and having a quick 5 minutes with you but there others who are so far up their own arrse you can see their eyeballs either side of their tonsils.

Ant_UK_Refs

Platinum Member
Nov 13, 2008
Tameside, Manchester
learn to read the field, and look for angles that at first, you wouldn't think are there. Not blowing smoke up his ass, but Stoney is one of the best in the UK at doing this. Often you will see him actually coming back off the bunker to nail a player on the other side of the field, while remaining in the blind spot of the opposition player in his mirror bunker. A lot of the time, the most effective, devastating tactics are also the blindingly obvious ones that a lot of players don't realise because they are blinkered and concentrate on the one bunker. Try and get some tourny reffing done if possible, and you'll see what I mean regarding laning and shooting positions. You see a whole lot more than the players do and it will help your game

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
well said ant
reffing shows you angles that you didn,t know where there;):D
even working on a site helps with angles and laneing
how you may ask
you learn where to stand and where not to
this helps with your view of a field set up
that is a big problem with todays game not alot of people know how to read a field:)

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Why the complaint about playing in an open event.
Football, Golf, Darts, Tennis, Rugby, Fencing, Badminton and many other sports run open events.
Millennium events used to be more fun too, when you had the chance to play against teams from higher divisions
If you want to play against equals that is what your domestic league is for, open events give you the chance - however remote - to beat a far better team.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
If you look back over the history of the modern game of paintball, that being, arena based formats after we migrated from the woods, then it's absolutely incontrovertible, the most successful era of paintball is closely aligned, and in my view attributable to the open events as against locked events.

And as many people have suggested, an enormous amount of teams just love to go up against the big boys and the open events give them that opportunity.
You will always get people decrying this opportunity for whatever reasons they elect to deem important but I'm afraid open events provide a somewhat unique feature in tournaments and teams seem to prefer them if they are made available.

I am now talking to the Millennium guys with a view to trying to get an understanding of the changing requirements of the teams in the European theatre.
I would love to persuade those guys to go back to open events but I'm not sure we can put the genie back in the bottle on this one but I honestly think they can't ignore the obvious if they wish to generate an increase teams attending their events.

There is some disparity between what we have and what teams seemingly want and it's imperative the Millennium guys stay ahead of the curve making sure they evolve with the teams being the driving force for that evolution.
The Millennium people do genuinely want to ensure European teams have the best tournament series, it's just that sometimes the Millennium series rate of evolution doesn't always keep up with changing requirements.
Point is, they are listening and willing to effect change, I don't think we can expect much more than that at this stage of the game .... let's see what happens.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Some people are just never going to be happy

True enough but if the number of people who are 'never going to be happy' reaches a critical mass then they have to be listened to, tho in this case, I think there will always be teams who have real aspirations for improvement and part of that ethos will always be wishing to go up against the best teams.
Luckily for European paintball, that number outweighs the moaning minnies and hopefully will eventually put pressure on the event organisers.

At the moment, politics seems to be the main determinant in how the event promoters organise themselves, it shouldn't be but it is.
The main determinant should always be the customer base which is obviously the teams but the insidious nature of politics slithers its way into event promotion.

We need to tip the balance back toward the main body of teams, not toward the pros, they exist in a bubble that in no way represents the main body of teams alongside them but they do mediate the influence from above.

It seems to be the pros wield a disproportionate degree of power not because the pros articulate their power, they don't, it's just that the companies behind the teams have a subtle yet discernible influence on the promoters.
Those companies used to attend these events as vendors although this situation has changed of late mainly due to problems with vendor/promoter relationships.

It's a pretty confused and messy business and is crying for some order to be imposed; in circumstances such as this, the most important thing to do is take a deep breath, don't do anything rash and you must listen to your main customer base ......and the Millennium need to take a long hard look at just who invests the most money at their events ..... it's the teams.

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
to win u have to beat the best, no point in winning anything if the teams u played you no u are better than, and like i said i would of preferd to of made the play offs in the xball rarther than taking 2nd in the fed plate, and as for calling warped a xball team this year we havnt been missing half the xball events with not enough players etc this season has been hard and the fed cup was our best showing of the season! but carl i can see were your coming from as i wouldnt like to have played so missmatched games at when i first started it is almost like the fa cup which is good for certain reasons and bad for others, so i dont no how to keep everyone happy with that! thats a job for the fed year on year, but my opinion was that is was better than the year before :)

Reactions: Impulse raider

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
now i,m going to tell you a fairy story ,just like the the fa cup:)
marshall law entered this comp as fun team we play the 5man cpps and hold our own
this event was race to 2 format for us and we had never played it before
never the less the team progressed to the sunday club and ended up finishing 4th :eek::)
this team has only played one season at supair we don,t train,due to work on site
end of the day we play for fun:first:
we enjoyed this tournie alot we played teams that on paper should have kicked our ass
but just as the fa cup turns up shocks and dreams
we lived it and proved it can be done
i would love to go to a mills event and get the chance to be on the same field as say joy or budapest bullits etc etc
yes we would probably get creamed but every now and again upsets happen
imagine that on your cv when you ask a shop for support
well we played campaign last year and beat dynasty in our div
looks good don,t it:):first: