Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Your first time

Traize

Seeing as I have recently been trying to cajole friends into joining me for a spot of Paintball for my 18th, we came to talking about our first times playing, I thought I would share some of my stories (most quite funny at my expense) & see what everyone elses first time at PB was like.

The first game I ever played I was hiding behind a log with a friend, pinned down, figured I'd take a look & just peeked over the top, no more than 3 inches showing, I got a paintball to the face, & the shock of it left me lying on the ground looking at my yellow splattered visor.
The second time I got shot, I was running, they caught me in that little bit behind your knee, & yes, I fell right over & ate mud, the damn thing had spazed out my leg!

A friend of mine was playing & turned his head, leaving his neck exposed, a paintball left him with a 3 inch long, 2 cm wide red mark of tender skin, that persisted for 3 months.

Another friend got hit at close range so much, when he tried to lift his t-shirt, it took 2 people helping, to stop it from hurting, the 9 bruises on his back were each the size of a tennis ball.

Those are some of my favs, there was another friendly fire incident, that was laughable, but I'll leave that for later.

Just curious to see if anyone has any stories of their own :)

You think you have it bad nowadays. you should hear some of the stories from us oldtimers. Back in the good/bad old days when fields were the size of Texas and balls were so hard head shots didn't count, because if you could stand up after getting shot in the head you were a hero and deserved to play on.
We used to play halfhour games because you could amble around in the woods for 20 minutes and not see anybody.
Ah I remember those days witha gleefull tear in my eye, yes paint was 10p a ball but if you went through 50 balls you were gunho. you had to cock the gun every shot [a semi was a thing of myth] and every 20 shots you had to change your co2 powerlet.
Cor we used to have a laugh running down the length of the field only to realise you were in the middle of enemy terrortory and out of breath.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I'm not saying that when I had my first game was a long time ago but the disclaimer form was written on papyrus !!!

I do remember it being 15p per ball though :(

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
My first time playing envolved not being able to see much due to poor Scott masks. Getting shouted at for removing the said mask and claiming id shot a lot more people than I probabbly did.......

(nothing changes)

:)

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Azz3h
15 is only twice as much and your under waaay less than half the pressure to shoot more shots back then... Semi autos, small fields, no cover...
Maybe so, but in the days that Robbo is talking about beer only cost about 50p per pint, so thats 3-4 balls = 1 pint! There's been something called inflation in the last 18-20 years, so it probably costs no more in real terms to use over 1000 balls in a game than it did to shoot about 30 in the old days. If paint prices hadn't come down in real terms, no-one could afford to shoot semis these days as their paint bill would be the equivalent of the national debt of a small country.

liamliddy

Mar 31, 2003
BRIGG NRTH LINCS
Visit site
Originally posted by Robbo
I'm not saying that when I had my first game was a long time ago but the disclaimer form was written on papyrus !!!

I do remember it being 15p per ball though :(
LMAO papyrus so where was your first game and how long ago, if you can cast your mind back that far that is.