Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Your first time

Traize

lol, i like the sound of enjoying my first day at pb, only to wreck my car, boy, am i glad i dont drive!

the first time i went, among the games we played was a ctf game, at one end was a passage between trees with crates for cover, & an entrance right at the top by the flag, as well as this passage to the flag, at any rate, my team were doing great, & even though i lost the two guys with me near the enemy flag, i picked off the guy who got them, finding myself without a team & right near the enemy flag, i decided to go for it & crept towards the top entrance, when i noticed movement a few crates down from my position, i took cover & plastered the crate, hopeing to hit him when he popped out to shoot, i eventually did, only to find he was wearing my teams colours, turns out we were the only ones left from both teams, so i sprinted for the flag, just as the marshal decided he was gonna call 5 seconds to go, attempting to cross the wooded 200 meters in 5 seconds was doomed to failure & id barely got out of the passage before time was called.

lesson: marshals are cruel people

LV 4 26

Millsy- Back Baby
A couple of outings but the one that sticks in my mind was in 1992 at Campaign when Jim Sennet threw a trophy at me and told me never to come back to his site ever again. A small team of twelve of us had just spanked his corporate list all over Campaign's fields all day at so many games to nil. Enjoyed the dense rhode field game where 3 of us turned round and crawled backwards into the oppositions line and then shot them all up.

Went to Kempys lot and history and all that

Good laugh good times

Millsy

Twisty

Softly spoken
Jan 20, 2002
Leamington Spa
First game i ever played i ran straight at the other teams base and got hit around 6 or 7 times without shooting a single ball, i was a real asset to the team and now i play front for Quake :D
T

LV 4 26

Millsy- Back Baby
First time I ever played was at Holmbush. We were playing attack the bus and free the hostages. We broke out and went the long way round through dense woodland and came out on a track( this was without the marshals knowledge I must say) and proceeded to take our masks off and have a cigarette. In hind sight now how stupid was that. Won the game though.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
All I can remember from my first time was:

That she was really, really drunk and I had to.......eh? Oh paintball, sorry.

The fogging (Uvex builders goggles and it was a really hot day),

The terror of hearing the 'phut' as your 12gram CO2 expired, causing a ball to gently roll out the end of the barrel just as someone ran straight at you.

Hiding in bushes waiting to hear the 'psssshhhht' as someone else started changing their 12g....then running at em ;)

Cowering in fear in a ditch during the 'marshals vs punters' final game while one marshal with what appeared to be a StarWars blaster (turned out to be a Bud Sniper pump) picked us off at leisure from miles away.......spookily I now play on the same team as that marshal. ;)

Great days!

PunterHunter

I bite your bum!
Dec 14, 2003
Brentwood, Essex
www.uk-redskins.com
First time..

I recall my first time as if it were only yesterday.. It was July 1989 at a place called Challenge Paintball, in Amersham... wonder if it's still there?

Anyhow, the gun of choice then was a Splatmaster Rapid which we had to fight for or all you got was an ordinary Splatmaster. Paint cost 10p per ball in tubes of 10, and 12gm powerlets were 75p each. Head shots didn't count and there was a sort of 'Blood Bin' where you went when you got shot - a marshal wiped you down, you had a cup of tea and then you were put back in the game - the games seemed to go on for hours!!

This was truly an experience I wanted to keep for ever and so I repeated the experience when I opted to upgrade my splatmaster to a Sheridan rifle - what a gun.. and I ain't looked back since - three teams later and lot more experience, and I'm now the Paintball Hero you see before you now (LoL)

Jasper

Northern Heroes #03
Sep 3, 2003
Carlisle UK
hmmmmm

my first time playing would have been allot simpler if i was wasn't using a splatmaster with a cast on my arm :rolleyes:

Big big dint in the cast from smacking it against the cocking bolt everytime i needed to fire.:D :D

Hospital wasn't to impressed when i had to go get a new one put on the next day cos i had knackered that one, i had only had it put on that morning :D :D :D

Originally posted by T.B.F.K.A.T.L.
I'm only 3 years behind him seeing as I played my first game in februaury 1990.

Crap only 3 years less then robbo where the hell did I go wrong why haven't I got the big guys skills?
Me too m8, but then had 12 years off after I tore both Achillies tendons (Tang-soo-do not paintball, that has just knackered my back and hip)

My favorite story was charging two guys behind a log pile with my new fangle Sterling with slam fire and took one out, pounced around the corner and continued fireing at the guy looking for a burst ball, after about 5 rounds he started to howl, and soon after that swear that he was out... no balls had burst at this point... when I stepped back and stopped firing I realised I had been firing into his balls from point about a 3ft distance.

The worrying this is, I went back to this site last year (First time in 10 years) and A) the owner recognised me and stopped the safety speech he was giving to say hello, but B) is still using Sterling pumps, of which one of the marshalls proudly offered to lend me his nice new one.

PimpDaddyZanwaa

TASTE THE PAIN-T
Aug 19, 2002
Barnet, Whetstone, London
My first time

Was great,
there were balls flying towards my face at great speed,, gettting splatted in the face its abit of a shocker but you soon get over it..
oops hold on were talikng about paintball arent we??:confused: :eek: :D :D ..(bad bad man)

no but seriously its awsome running around diving in to bushes for the first time, (Right!! No more)
the best bit was when Jim mugged my m8 ben, but didnt see me behind the tree, I pop out and point my marker at him but it happens to rest on his fore-arm.. now theres a spilt seccond where we catch eyes and i have a choice not to shoot, but i see jim go to raise his marker, so what do u do, POP point blank him straight in the arm :D..
Arrrrgh goes jim,, hehehe goes me,, he still has the scar today and i love reminding him about it