Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

your opinion on low or high rise

DragonAnGeL

Mar 19, 2002
ATL
Visit site
well i want to do some stuff to my angel. the stock 2001 highrise is not bad in any case..but its "stock". and everyone knows that stock is dorky :p I want to put a Kapp highrise on there. does anyone think i should throw down with a lowrise instead? I know it makes a smaller target because a lower hopper..but i dont think it helps that much. i believe a highrise keeps the rate of fire up better. what yall think? let me hear it :eek:

fierce

Dec 27, 2001
With a highrise feed you've got more balls ready to shoot then with a lowrise feed. A Highrisefeed is better, if you're shooting at an higher ROF.
Maybe you should consider to buy a mid-rise-feed like LaSoyas Elements. It looks good and drops the hopper a bit down, but you can still shot at higher ROF.

Hi rise all the way.

Its very amusing to see people with their ultra short triggers and low rise feeds, they only get half the ROF with their gun going Bang Bang Pop Bang Pop etc etc.

I have a high rise on my gun and it never skips a beat, plus your not actually increasing the size of your hopper just moving it.

I have a Revo though, it might be different on those new fangled all singing all dancing turbo hoppers.

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
If you are using a bulkier hopper like a halo its the it needs to be high to keep your ROF up but it is quite chunky and makes for a great target.

Maybe like suggested a mid way size would do you best?

What loader do you use?

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
For high rises vs low rises it's a question of feel preference a lot of the time, shot skipping aside. Depending on what drop and tank size you have, either could be appropriate. I shoot an LED right now, so I pretty much have to use a high rise and/or air assist because of blowback; it came with a low rise that chopped horridly at high ROF. If you take the hopper off, you could actually watch the 2nd ball hop all the way out of it the feed neck! Eek! I don't think it's quite that bad with LCD's, but still exists to a certain degree. As for myself, I use an Adrenalin high rise at the moment.

jynxfactor

Jan 23, 2002
Anchorage AK
Visit site
Tomtom good question, (Drag what type of hopper do you use?) the rest however pains me to read so for now SHHHH!

If you are useing a rev or a rico I would recommend a Hi rise the longer ball stack will help with the usable rof and reduce chops. the longer ball stack gives the hopper time to catch up after there is a gap in the feeding.

Now if you use a halo you should be fine with a low rise. The halo is almost a positive feed system, it acctually pushes the balls into the breach of the gun and feeds consistantly at or above 16 bps. this means that Hi rise lowrise whatever you will have a constant stream of paint into your gun.

rev, rico = Hi rise

halo = Low rise