Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Your thoughts please!!

Steve Bull

I would like to know your thoughts about a few points raised at the recent Series 2005 event at Ancaster.

These points are not a rant at players I just want your thoughts!!

Why when the site owner supplies - rubbish bins - every team table with a bin bag - a massive trailer to put empty boxes in - do players still drop their rubbish on the floor instead of using , bin bags, empty paint boxes or the bins supplied? At home after they have finished their evening meal do they tip any food left on the floor and then walk it into the carpet and leave it for someone else to clean up. Some teams cleaned everything including tissue from the floor in their areas - some teams make NO attempt to move even one empty paint box. So why?????

Why do players shoot the chrono when testing their markers? They know where they are they know - how to use them but they still shoot sh*t out of the chrono? Why at the end of a day do some players shoot off all their paint, I can understand the paint in the hopper but I watched one player pot up 5 (yes 5) times before he had emptied his hopper and batttlepack, why not save the paint for a training day or the next event???

Finally, what velocity do you set your marker at - 295 or 275? It is rare to get a hot gun and I know it is mainly down to the use of air and good quality air regs, markers etc.... but years ago everyone had this need to run as close to the limit as possible 295-298fps so what velocity do paintballers set their markers at now????

Ideas, thoughts, solutions or just comments

Steve:) :)

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Steve Bull
I would like to know your thoughts about a few points raised at the recent Series 2005 event at Ancaster.

These points are not a rant at players I just want your thoughts!!

Why when the site owner supplies - rubbish bins - every team table with a bin bag - a massive trailer to put empty boxes in - do players still drop their rubbish on the floor instead of using , bin bags, empty paint boxes or the bins supplied? At home after they have finished their evening meal do they tip any food left on the floor and then walk it into the carpet and leave it for someone else to clean up. Some teams cleaned everything including tissue from the floor in their areas - some teams make NO attempt to move even one empty paint box. So why?????

Why do players shoot the chrono when testing their markers? They know where they are they know - how to use them but they still shoot sh*t out of the chrono? Why at the end of a day do some players shoot off all their paint, I can understand the paint in the hopper but I watched one player pot up 5 (yes 5) times before he had emptied his hopper and batttlepack, why not save the paint for a training day or the next event???

Finally, what velocity do you set your marker at - 295 or 275? It is rare to get a hot gun and I know it is mainly down to the use of air and good quality air regs, markers etc.... but years ago everyone had this need to run as close to the limit as possible 295-298fps so what velocity do paintballers set their markers at now????

Ideas, thoughts, solutions or just comments

Steve:) :)
Rubbish is left cos paintballers are in general lazy. That said I'm pretty sure our area was clear of crap....
Shooting the chrono, crap marker handling skills?
Shooting off pots, some teams don't train, other players just like shooting their gun. Testing new settings?
Personally as close to 300fps as I can reliably.

JamieD

SZ Mafia
Dec 12, 2003
Carlisle
www.szpaintball.proboards.com
All my rubbish went in the bag and tissue that i found laying on our table

i have never shot a chrono as of yet (dont plan too really lol) and yes i empty my hopper at the end of the day

i usualy have my gat set at about 270-275 cos its an incosistant biatch :(

bruce

What do u mean i missed!!
Mar 1, 2002
Hi steve

some very good points, as regard the cleaning up, may be it about time that teams had to pay a refundable deposit, refunded at the next event, for cleaning up there crap. Then if they dont its used to pay the guys/gals who do the cleaning up for them

bruce

PaintballBudgie

Stroke the badge Kenneth!
As above, lazy messy ballers.
Inbetween games things can get hectic so boxes get dropped. No exceuse why they can't be picked up afterwards.

Shooting the chrono, generally there is a huge queue at the chrono and sometimes people get flustered and don't pay attention to the fact that their barrel has slipped since the last shot. Too busy watching the queue and trying to chrono with 50 people stood behind and not look like a nob who doesn't know his marker.

I set mine at 275 , I know I can get that higher but would rather set it in the morning and not worry about a hot marker for the rest of the day.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
The rubbish has always baffled me to. Like at home, my flat mate would rather stretch and put his empty beer cans on the table in the middle of the room rather than put it into the massive bin thats next to him.

Its the way they are brought up Bully.

Joey

Aug 1, 2003
Montreal, Quebec, CANADA
Warren of the EURO 5 man had a rule at his tourney saying there was a 100 point penalty if you left your staging area in a mess.

I made sure the Campaign guys were spit-spot!

Warren did fail to follow through with the penalities though, Jags would have had the minus 100 for sure. (Sorry guys - its super duper uber bright pink - it was hard to miss! :) ;) :) love you guys! )

I think Warren is on the right track with the penality, or as suggested a deposit. . . .but its not only the players who are lazy its the promoters who can't be arsed to put something into effect and follow through with it.

Joey

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
Originally posted by Joey - Campaign
Jags would have had the minus 100 for sure. :) ;) :) love you guys! )

Joey
hi Joey

didnt you wonder why your area was so clean? cos your boys chucked your mess at us! :D

nah we were doin really good at keepin tidy until the mad rush of the finals when we were getting in potted up and straight out again, so had no time to be tidy! but we did help clean after we had finished and our area looked like new when we had finished!