Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Your views on the Ion

Hoodless ECI

eee-see-eye
Jun 15, 2006
Homeless.
www.eastcoastirritant.com
People are all going off personal preference.

Why would anyone care what any of you are shooting now?

The Ion is a wonderful piece of kit for the beginner 'baller, looking to get into the sport, it's fast enough to cope with every tourney in the book, it's easily upgraded, it's reliable (if looked after), semi-efficient and an electro. you simply can't have anything better for the price they sell at.

I've seen teams take Ion's out of the box and play tournaments with them, many people have issues with the size of the feedneck, so a "Q-Lock" would be advised, also the "Duckbill" (ASA) in which people speak of is also a little bit too long for a set-up. IMO these are the only 2 items that could be changed to make the ion decent-enough to provide comfort and be a generally decent "Low-end" marker.

It does the job. End of.

:rolleyes:

PS: PMR's are probably a good bet to go with, if not, older angels, DM's or ICD's etc.

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
Ion's rock ive owned one, granted it cost about £8000 when i had finished with it but i believe it was one of the first uk lot to have th BH board in it

But anyways, people will buy an ION then see the light then buy anything made by....

wait for it....

You waiting.....

Come on your getting slightly excited now....

HYBRID :D

Suns

Apocalypse Paintball
Mar 16, 2006
Cambridge
In response to the last 2 posts.....

The idea of the thread is find out about people's views and preferences. Some good points Driedballoon, but again, do you really think its good for those people who are looking to get into the sport?

and Mikey, what your saying is after about £8000 worth of upgrades its a good gun? well thats not great for someone just coming into the sport.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
yes its a good starter marker

but you are better of buying a second hand one with a few ups already

way back when, I bought an ion to see what it was like

It had an upgraded barrel, feedneck and delrin trigger. I spent £140 on it, which at the time was very good. I added £23 for an on off rail, and £12 for killa detents and it was a very good gun, didnt break one ball at all, and it looked nice with the upgrades I had on it.

I dont mind saying it was good
but you DO need to look after it.
and yes it IS fiddly to take apart

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
Agreed, but assumed we were only talking about buying *new*.

Speed 05's are fantastic markers, you can also pick up PM5's for under £150.
and when you think about it a ion is a 05 bit of kit regardless if its new or not

the only person i know well with a ion has added

new bolt/trigger/grips and maybe some more little bits and bobs but he loves it to death so they cant be all bad

SwissTony

Pyrotechnic
Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
I wouldn't have gone in to the tournament scene if it wasn't for the ION.
For the money, it does what its supposed to.
Who cares if its not as shiny and nice to use as an Ego or DM e.t.c. it gets more noobs like me on the field for you guys to mow down.
I dont care what anyone else thinks about it, they may have nice high paying jobs or be spoilt children and can afford these nice shiny guns.
I am happy with my plastic spoons gun till I can be bothered to save up for something more expensive.
As for faults with the gun, 9 times out of 10, its just a case of replacing the battery.
Stock feedneck is cack.
On/off button is not that good.

PortoX

DCF Footsoldier.
Apr 18, 2006
Ashbourne (Derbyshire)
www.myspace.com
Really? Who?
dynasty but oh wait their sponsored to shoot shockers ... even they dont use ions and they even have their own PL version

I once owned an ion (yes i know its a terrible thing) but if you can afford it buy something like an etek or something from the ego series as they are reliable and made of metal rather than melted plastic windows from russia.