Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Your views welcomed on DMA incident

jim

Jul 31, 2001
Visit site
My team lost a game at the DMA even though we shot out the seven player of the other team.
We had two remaining players, one of the players ended up having a hot gun, the chrono gave a reading of 309.
There was a 1 for 1 applied and the other team ended up with the flag hang.
Now i have just read the rules and they state that if one or more of the chronoed shots is equal to 311 feet per second or above the player will be eliminated from play and a 1 for 1 penalty will be applied (rule 19.4).
Am i missing something or were the rules not applied correctly.
I'm not trying to justify the hot gun and i know the offending player will never let it happen again, it cost us very dearly.

tubbie

Apr 3, 2002
Visit site
I thought if a player had a hot gun in the field, with it shooting lower then 311 he would be eliminated from the game.

So for you you that would have meant you had a draw with the other team, there might be a difference when the player is the last remaining player on the field though.

I remember in toulouse last year we had an incident which involved our last player who had a hit on his battlepack which is not an obvious hit, but he got 1-4-1 and we lost the game to the other team.

Maybe Steve Morris could give an answer to this, since he's the MS rules guru and present here on the forum.

Tubbie

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
The rules state as has been pointed out: a 1-for-1 penalty is applied for a velocity of 311 or higher. I don't know if there was something else going on in that game or not. It is possible that there was a mistake made in which case we have to get sharper and consult the written rules in the future if there is any doubt.

STeve

Ronniepimpstar

Factory Paintball
Dec 7, 2003
Factorypaintball.co.uk
It is pretty harsh.. especially when the other team gets the win.. However it is pretty impossible for all ref's to remember all the rules to the "T". For Example if all players remembered all the rules then you would have been able to argue your point. Imagine if your team was reffing that field... I mean seriously have you seen the mill-rules?? There's a lot to learn. It is a shame you lost the game but I think we have to go along with the descrepency of the head juge on that field- especially when he only got it wrong by 2fps?

The worst one I've fallen victim to is the hand signal for "Eliminated" in Europe is the same as the hand signal for "Safe" in America..... Imagine how confusing that can be?!?!:confused:

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Horseshoes or hand-grenades, anyone?

Originally posted by Ronniepimpstar
It is pretty harsh.. especially when the other team gets the win.. However it is pretty impossible for all ref's to remember all the rules to the "T". For Example if all players remembered all the rules then you would have been able to argue your point. Imagine if your team was reffing that field... I mean seriously have you seen the mill-rules?? There's a lot to learn. It is a shame you lost the game but I think we have to go along with the descrepency of the head juge on that field- especially when he only got it wrong by 2fps?

The worst one I've fallen victim to is the hand signal for "Eliminated" in Europe is the same as the hand signal for "Safe" in America..... Imagine how confusing that can be?!?!:confused:
I guess this means we'll never see a post from you complaining about a tourney result that should have gone a different way if called correctly, right? After all, they're only the officials--how can we expect them to actually know the rules. What a silly idea! It might require an effort on their part.
And the teams and players knowing the rules, what a pack of rubbish that is. We rely on the officials to know what they're doing--no wait, we don't either according to the pimpster.
So why y'all bothering with rules or refs at all?

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
player called neutral as his gun was broken
player given penalty points after shooting me from off field (he'd stepped over the tape) but my elimination still being upheld.
player eliminated for having his foot ON the line in the breakout box (spotted from 30 feet away apparently)

welcome to UK paintball.

good innit.

Live with it, until we get proffesional marshalls.

'cos I've given up complaining.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Originally posted by Ronniepimpstar
It is pretty harsh.. especially when the other team gets the win.. However it is pretty impossible for all ref's to remember all the rules to the "T".
Don't agree with that. How come pretty much every NFL referee knows every single rule? and believe me, the NFL has a rulebook that is a LOT thicker than any paintball rulebook.
Is it too much to ask that at the very least the head judge for every field knows the rules by heart?

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I think you know the answer to that one, but do you honestly believe that's a valid excuse?
The people that ref the series, for whatever reason or reward, have agreed to do so, and as such we should expect no less from them than to know the rules, ****, I'd even go so far as to say that only the field's head ref needs to know them by heart, so that the rest can always turn to him in case of any arguments.

Just have a look at the performance Boogie put up at the EXL field in Amsterdam, he and his posse were awesome. Same goes for some of the reffing I've seen at previous events. Noteworthy reffing squads were Backlash and Tigers. They play, are not paid refs, but kick ass as refs none the less.