The Home Of European Paintball

Your views welcomed on DMA incident

TonyF

Swarm
Sep 22, 2002
Essex
www.swarmpaintball.co.uk
Room for error.......

Seems to me these days, when I watch players chrono'ing before a game, the players are leaving very little room for errors anyway!
If you set your system up for 295fps in all honesty that does not leave a lot of breathing space.
How many of you have watched people set up at 295fps?
The yellow on field chrono's have a 2% accuracy. think about it.....
I cannot find info the the accuracy of the red chrono's, but simply using the yellow ones. Let try out some simple figures.......
If the chrono you first use is 2% under and you set up at 295fps, you are in fact running at 301 already. Now the on field one is reading 2% over, your reading is 307fps and we have'nt even considered temperature change and paint size!
I'm not having a go at anyone, just saying that maybe these problems could be avoided by not trying to set something (that in all honest is neither consistant or accurate) up so close to the maximum limit.
In all honesty are there many real advantages to be gained, between running at 295fps over 285fps?
Peace.

*edit* Sorry mate, missed that bit in your post about the 280fps. My post was a general veiw, from watching other players set up.
As a matter of interest, does anyone know the accuracy of the off field chrono's, because 280fps to 309fps is a big jump!

acsik

Sep 18, 2001
Hungary
Visit site
Pump'n'Splat

Even if the "Little Yellow Crapsticks" are more precise they were NOT the ones you chronied in with. As of such they are cannot be used in a decisive manner about the legality of the gun. If they want to measure speed aft. game, measure it on the red ones at the entrance. Period! That would ease this laughable situation and ease people's pain and frustration. Ofcourse thats another logistics nightmare but the teams pay enough money to have the right to ask for it.

Or use the "Little Yellow Crapsticks" at the entrance too.....

Tony

If you read my previous post again you can see that we chrony to 280... Thats plenty of room I believe...

cheerio

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Agreed the clearing shot is BS, but Judges must use the same Chrono for Pre and post game chrono'ing. a 2% differential over the Red Chrono's is not an acceptable margin of difference. Also the chrono judges need to know how to use the handhelds properly as there are a number of ways to cheat them / get an inaccurate reading with different guns. ;)

If you can chrono in the 290'ish range and be safe from excessive creep I believe you should. The limit in the rules is 300 and you should aim to be as close to this as risk free as possible. 299, 300, 299 is not a rule breach.

Whatever the pre / post game chrono procedures, it absolutely essential that the Field Ultimates know the rules, and if a Captain believes a Marshal is at fault the Ultimate is on hand to adjudicate. As paying customers we should expect the utmost level of service, from what are infact customer service staff. The reffing staff will never gain credibility if they do not know the rules / provide the utmost in Customer service. For sure mistakes may be made, but the Ultimates should be on hand to exercise some discretion.

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Originally posted by stongle
Whatever the pre / post game chrono procedures, it absolutely essential that the Field Ultimates know the rules, and if a Captain believes a Marshal is at fault the Ultimate is on hand to adjudicate. As paying customers we should expect the utmost level of service, from what are infact customer service staff. The reffing staff will never gain credibility if they do not know the rules / provide the utmost in Customer service. For sure mistakes may be made, but the Ultimates should be on hand to exercise some discretion.
Just to let you know, we don't have an ultimate any more in Millennium. The head referees on each field make the final decisions.

Since I am responsible for the quality of judging and recruit the head referees, I certainly want to know if something is wrong so we can fix it.

Steve

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Steve,

I kind of meant Field Ultimate / Head referee / Immediate Proximity Customer Service Manager / Johnny 3 Stars

I think everyone needs to accept that some mistakes will be made, it's just necessary that there is a Head Referee quickly to hand who can either verify the ruling or act with some discretion (if any exists). Obviously the referees Head or otherwise, shouldn't have to deal with threats to kill their families or pets, but they also need to hold up their hands when a bad call has been made (even if this results in said murdering of family and pets, hey the "Customer is always Right").

Ronniepimpstar

Factory Paintball
Dec 7, 2003
Factorypaintball.co.uk
Horseshoes or hand-grenades, anyone?

Editied cos It got boring!!!:p

EDIT ADDED: That the best you can do? More like edited 'cus in retrospect your first post makes you look a complete numpty. :p :eek: TFP