LiPS Paintball Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball Smart Parts G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball Bricket Wood DYE Paintball

Z2 randomly turns on in the middle of the night

Discussion in 'KEE Action Sports' started by duncan0506, Jan 20, 2014.

1. duncan0506 Co-Captain @ Din Eidyn

Message Count:
    Had my old faithful Z2 for a year now and the last few months have seen it randomly turn itself on even when the switch is in the "off" position. Happened in the middle of the night at CPPS, which led to the desolation of my pants as well as my team-mates...

Only way to stop it is to take the batteries out, when it's doing the whole "possessed" thing messing with the switch does nothing.

Could be related but sometimes the hopper won't turn on even wuith fresh batteries until I rub the batteries and/or disconnect/reconnect the battery pack.

Anyone experienced the same issues or recommends a fix? Taking it apart as we speak for a proper clean.
  2. phil-boy UK Redskins

Message Count:
    Haunted - Nuff said !!!

I always disconnect the battery pack after playing.
  3. WingNut UK Redskins

Message Count:
    Have you played recently in any wet/damp conditions??

Have you had any breaks in the loader recently??

online via my uber funky Galaxy Note III
  4. duncan0506 Co-Captain @ Din Eidyn

Message Count:
    Nothing recent that I can recall, the hopper's never been submerged although when I took it apart last night there was grass on the circuit board.

One particular blade of grass was lying across the contacts leading to the on/off toggle switch. Didn't even think grass could conduct like that...?

And no major breaks, some bits of shell lying around. The plug for the battery pack/motor/board was clean
  5. WingNut UK Redskins

Message Count:
    I doubt grass would conduct, however, maybe wet / damp grass would be enough to create a short of some kind.

Leave it apart for a good 24hrs somewhere warm.

Then try it again.....