Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

zick rammer o-rings question

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
are they in some way special or would normal ego 07 o-rings replace them?

ive had a really slight leak *you can barely hear it* out of my egos bolt. removed and cleaned the bolt but no o-rings to replace so i removed the zick rammer, cleaned and replaced but with the same affect. changed the zick rammer and backcap for my stock rammer and backcap and the leak has vanished.

long story for a yes or no answer but i was bored :)

PaulC

Mar 30, 2006
Larkfield
Same happened to me when I purchased my zick, it hissed!
Tried old rammer and it was fine, done as you are about to and replaced the O rings even though they looked fine and the leak stopped.

Rear =11NBR70
Bummper & front = 09NBR70

Ps Old rammer O rings should work fine

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
cheers PaulC and rst steve. ive got some replacement o-rings coming from tom allen and ive got eclipse gun oil on standbye :D using my stock rammer and cap at the moment.

cheers all

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
hmmm im gonna have to wait till i get the replacement o-rings BUT i used my ego today with the stock rammer and rammer cap on and the leak was still there. without any paint in it the leak was quite fierce but was definately coming from the rammer area of the marker. im hoping it isnt my solenoid on its way out :(

rst steve

I built your Ego, Geo
If the leak is coming from around the rammer area are you sure it is the rammer??????

Could be the valve.

If you gas the gun up dry fire a couple of shots then pull up the bolt pin and slide the bolt all the way forward then listen for the leak at the barrel (be very careful not to shoot yourself in the ear it hurts trust me). If you can hear the leak at the barrel then slide the bolt back and forth if the sound of the leak changes then you could have a valve leak. Cannot stress enough be very careful that you dont shoot yourself its a good idea to turn the marker off before you listen for the leak just turning the eyes off wont work. Also take off the barrel to perform this test.

You can also try sliding the bolt out completely gas up the marker and if you can get your finger in the breach try to cover the slot where the bolt pin attatchs to the rammer and see if the leak goes away. If that does'nt stop the leak try and cover the hole that is in front of the slot where the air come up though the valve and again see if the leak goes away.

If you dont get any joy with any of the above methods i would suggest sending the marker back to Planet or if you can wait until the 20th of this month and are going to the Masters in Lincoln i am reffing that day so you are more than welcome to bring the marker to me and i will sort it for you.

Regards Steve:)

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
many thanks for the continued help with this problem steve. i will change the o-rings on the rammer and see if the leak goes away. if it doesnt then i will perform these tests. if the leak doesnt go away then i'll send it to planet.

thanks again

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
heya rst steve. ive changed the o-rings on the zick kit rammer and rammer cap and the leak is still there. i tried what you said with moving the bolt back n forth and the leak is definately coming up past the rammer so im guessing its like you said with the valve leak.