Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Zones

Ok just re read a back issue of pgi with the Zoning article and now I need clarification about things!!

Firstly; What is a zone?

The way I have interpreted it is that a zone is an area such as the edge of a bunker that must be watched because it is an area someone is likely to appear and this is a danger zone to someone on your team.

So, secondly; How is this different to a "lane"

Is a lane just a line of open space that someone on the other team is likely to run across. Therefore if this lane is shot down the other team might run into it.
Surely then if I am thinking along the same lines, zones come into lanes but lanes don't come into zones?

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
My understanding of a zone is that is differs from a lane, in that a lane is usually pretty much a single line as is shot on the break. As you say a fixed point where you hope the opposition are going to run into you paint. A zone is a wider area more triangular in area...you are at the apex of your zone and it spreads out to the back line and/ or tape line much like the hands on a clock spread out from the centre.. your zone may be a 'five past three' area from your primary or secondary bunker and may contain several bunkers which are your job to watch. Zones are usually used to lock a field down so that every bunker on the field is covered. Trouble with using zones tho is that they need to change rapidly as players on your team are eliminated. I think im right in saying that recently there has been a move away from the idea of having fixed zones and we are seeing more games being won by using movement to create angles and gain the upper hand by catching the opposition off guard! Its certainly a more exciting game to watch!

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
You're playing for Monkey Love and they haven't filled you in on these little things?

edit: for "5 past 3" imagine a clock. The hands of the clock would be the lines that define the edges of your area of responsibilty. You are facing 12 noon if you look straight down the field.

Pinchaaay

Jan 29, 2003
Yo' momas crease
www.alfa145.com
Originally posted by Superflyuk
also stuff like center 50 down?
I could only suggest that this means an opposing player has hit the 50 (halfwayon the field) in the center of it, and has been shot, therefore the center 50's down!

Cause if it was on the left it would be - left 50's gone!

"Pinchaaay!"