Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

££££££££££££

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
Searching for the pro-tour....:S
Making it cheaper

Now this may seem really radical but get more people playing paintball at rental and walk-on level.

More people become intested in tourney play.

More gear and paint is sold at every level meaning the industry grows, makes more profit.
This breeds not only incresed competition and price wars but also incresed batch sizes for everything from site paint to e-blades, reducing cost. Companies make things cheaper and shift more units so prices drop further.

More people fall into the bracket that can afford to play and we start from the top again.

Think VCR's and CD players 20 or so years ago compared to now.
Think mobile phones and DVD players 5 years ago.

Laterz

Ian :)

L J

big big titties
ok, i can fire my lapco pump as fast as my cocker, the marshalls at sparklies will seconed this as i was ripping it up with my pump at and academy:cool: pumps make such a beautiful sound aswell, and no regs or nothing, running on normal co2 and i got 271,272,273,271 off of it at the chrony, not bad!!

p.s. i do fire my cocker faster than 2bps, more like 8 or summink

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Gonna have to disagree, paintball's no more expensive than many other recreation I can think off, motor sport, skydiving, etc etc (infact it can be cheaper than some). You pays your monies and takes ya pick. Just look at Formula One about 50 million quid a season and you only get to play 13 times a year.

Or Compare the costs to golf. I picked golf because the technological Bling Bling factor is inherently similar, not to mention the comparison of Ho's and motors (i.e. golf is Beamers versus Merc's where as paintball is all Gold plated Humvees versus Nismo tuned Skylines)

So golf costs:

1500 GBP for a set of Irons
400 GBP for a Driver
600 GBP for 3 Woods
150 GBP for a putter
315 GBP (21 x 15 GBP) for 3-6 Calloway HX Ballata's or Pro V-1s (each time you play),
735 GBP (21 x 35 GBP) a round (or assuming membership min 1000 pounds a year in membership and green fees)
200 GBP for Golf bags and luggage
300 GBP for clothing (wind jackets, caps, shirts, gloves, shorts, pullovers etc etc etc)
50 GBP miscellaneous equipment

4250 GBP

Grand Total for a years golf (not including betting, food & drink and travel).

OK so this assumes top of the range equipment. Compare to Paintball

1000 GBP top of the range Marker
350 GBP Top of the range Air system
100 GBP top of the range loader
200 GBP top of the range barrel system
80 GBP Top of the range mask
80 GBP Top of the range pads (i.e. Skins knees, elbows, gloves)
50 GBP Visor replacement
100 GBP Pad and pots
150 GBP Clothing (Jersey, Sliders and Shoes)
1100 GBP paint spend (average 50 GBP each time you play)
500 GBP tourney fees

3710 GBP

Grand total for a years a paintball (not including betting food & drink and travel).

Obviously both examples give you top of the line equipment and obviously some latitude in what you need.

I think the costs involved are fairly representative of the equipment tarts amongst us (you all know who you are ;))

Also consider the market for Paintball equipment is a fraction of that of Golf and often your buying handmade equipment produced by "craftsmen" (in some instances).

Obviously you needn't spend this much cash on Paintball, I mean you could have a 100 pound PT extreme and be the best player on the earth (same as giving Tiger Woods a set of Donney clubs or whatever).

However, comparing Paintball to the costs of say football, or tennis is like comparing apples and oranges. Bit difficult to shoot down your local park for a quick game of X ball with your mates. (Note to self write to Essex County Council complaining about increase in Council Tax, without the implementation of Municipal Hyperball fields)

It's a bit like comparing Ford Fiesta's with Porsche's and then complaining that your 911 Carrera was too expensive :rolleyes:.

Until Paintball is a mass market sport with mass market appeal (like never), it will always be a niche sport. Take away or reduce the already tight revenues and you push the suppliers out of business and then what have you got? sweet F.A.

Yep equipment is expensive but stick to the classifieds and you can always get silly prices for decent 2nd hand equipment, all helps..

Still should you find paintball a little expensive for ones taste I suggest alternate recreational activities. Have you tried Swingball??????

weedave

Jan 16, 2002
Belfast
Originally posted by stongl
Gonna have to disagree, paintball's no more expensive than many other recreation I can think off, motor sport, skydiving, etc etc (infact it can be cheaper than some). You pays your monies and takes ya pick. Just look at Formula One about 50 million quid a season and you only get to play 13 times a year.

Or Compare the costs to golf. I picked golf because the technological Bling Bling factor is inherently similar, not to mention the comparison of Ho's and motors (i.e. golf is Beamers versus Merc's where as paintball is all Gold plated Humvees versus Nismo tuned Skylines)

So golf costs:

1500 GBP for a set of Irons
400 GBP for a Driver
600 GBP for 3 Woods
150 GBP for a putter
315 GBP (21 x 15 GBP) for 3-6 Calloway HX Ballata's or Pro V-1s (each time you play),
735 GBP (21 x 35 GBP) a round (or assuming membership min 1000 pounds a year in membership and green fees)
200 GBP for Golf bags and luggage
300 GBP for clothing (wind jackets, caps, shirts, gloves, shorts, pullovers etc etc etc)
50 GBP miscellaneous equipment

4250 GBP

Grand Total for a years golf (not including betting, food & drink and travel).

OK so this assumes top of the range equipment. Compare to Paintball

1000 GBP top of the range Marker
350 GBP Top of the range Air system
100 GBP top of the range loader
200 GBP top of the range barrel system
80 GBP Top of the range mask
80 GBP Top of the range pads (i.e. Skins knees, elbows, gloves)
50 GBP Visor replacement
100 GBP Pad and pots
150 GBP Clothing (Jersey, Sliders and Shoes)
1100 GBP paint spend (average 50 GBP each time you play)
500 GBP tourney fees

3710 GBP

Grand total for a years a paintball (not including betting food & drink and travel).

Obviously both examples give you top of the line equipment and obviously some latitude in what you need.

I think the costs involved are fairly representative of the equipment tarts amongst us (you all know who you are ;))

Also consider the market for Paintball equipment is a fraction of that of Golf and often your buying handmade equipment produced by "craftsmen" (in some instances).

Obviously you needn't spend this much cash on Paintball, I mean you could have a 100 pound PT extreme and be the best player on the earth (same as giving Tiger Woods a set of Donney clubs or whatever).

However, comparing Paintball to the costs of say football, or tennis is like comparing apples and oranges. Bit difficult to shoot down your local park for a quick game of X ball with your mates. (Note to self write to Essex County Council complaining about increase in Council Tax, without the implementation of Municipal Hyperball fields)

It's a bit like comparing Ford Fiesta's with Porsche's and then complaining that your 911 Carrera was too expensive :rolleyes:.

Until Paintball is a mass market sport with mass market appeal (like never), it will always be a niche sport. Take away or reduce the already tight revenues and you push the suppliers out of business and then what have you got? sweet F.A.

Yep equipment is expensive but stick to the classifieds and you can always get silly prices for decent 2nd hand equipment, all helps..

Still should you find paintball a little expensive for ones taste I suggest alternate recreational activities. Have you tried Swingball??????
You have alot of time on your hands lol

Dave

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
I'm with strongl on this one - good post that mate. Certainly settled it in my mind (and took away the gyuilt of my last few purchases :D)