Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

£1000 to spend - what are the recommendations

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
and you really don't know what you're talking about............top end teams have a fair mix of different markers. As for wanting Angels.........easy to do.........they are available cheap enough in classifieds (should tell you something) so you fired one timmy? that makes you an expert does it? don't think so.
It's your opinion mate, you're entitled to it. Doesn't make you right though.

Anyway........elaborate.......why are Angels better? We'd all be interested to hear it as none of us know. I've never met anyone who's fired every marker available (plus every mod) you must know a lot about paintball, so teach us.
(the best team using them just means that they offered the best deal so keep clear of that)

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
i put the post up as i had become uninterested with some of the other discussions. that is why it had a price tag of a £1000 (also the money i am recieving for an insurance claim - i know what i want to spend it on).

the £1000 was to get people to think not say a massively expensive set up. and by the looks of it in the last few hours it has created an interesting discussion.:D

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
If i had a Grand to spend I'd buy a hooker. Not your usual 20quid moonlighting dinner lady type mind you, I'd get a classy one. Like Janine from Eastenders.

Or maybe I'd buy a Viking. Only I wouldn't have the slightest idea where to buy one from....;)

ericostani

Mar 9, 2003
surrey
Visit site
dude

buy a cocker. they rock. yer matrix's etc. are cool, but thats when they work:rolleyes:
tells you what, the fastest cocker ive shot is teflons raced evo. thats sweet. get one.
and stick an egg on it, that looks the nutz.
laters.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by smart parts hater
look here i have shot a timmy and it was okay but nothing special. DYNASTY are the best and they use angels. So surely the angels are the best. But not only that but the majority of paintball players all want to have angels.
I aint dissing the cocker guy cos cocker are cool to me. I love them. And will love them to the day i die but the angels are simply put the BEST
They're all top markers, there's no one 'best' marker, as has been said before it's horses for courses.
What might be important for me in a gun might not be for you thus my opinion will differ to yours.

Paul
:)

Gurney

"The Real Apoc"
Oct 13, 2001
Royston, Herts.
Originally posted by Cook$
If i had a Grand to spend I'd buy a hooker. Not your usual 20quid moonlighting dinner lady type mind you, I'd get a classy one. Like Janine from Eastenders.
Cook$y, you just made me laugh large amounts, thanks for that :p
Oh and in reply to the original question, I would get either an eblade cocker, angel speed or tricked impy vision (adrenaline etc) but I think you`d need to buy 2nd hand to get those with all the other bits ur after :)

Loki *Uk*

Aug 12, 2003
Bolton. Lancs
Visit site
Suggestion

Buy a real cheap PT extreme. Then spend the rest of your Money getting all the other teams completely pi$$ed and you will single handedly win your first tourney!!!

Then try and get sponsorship!

:D:D:D:D

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Firstly i would say each to there own, secondly i would say my experience is very limited.

However,
Originally posted by JoseDominguez
Anyway........elaborate.......why are Angels better?
I have noticed that old angels tend to keep running, where as i have seen other markers in a bit of a state when they get old.

Hence-
Originally posted by JoseDominguez
As for wanting Angels.........easy to do.........they are available cheap enough in classifieds.
Cos they are still running after years of use.

But as i said, my experience is limited so it may not be represntitve of all examples.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
He he, every marker keeps running if looked after..... I've never had a problem with any of mine. Point I was trying to make is that no marker is "the best" they all have pros and cons and most important is personal preference....... so the angel is reliable over a long period of time.......excellent selling point for a buyer with limited funds, but I buy new markers all the time, so means nothing to me. Anyway, when I started I wouldn't touch angels........I just didn't like them. Why? I used one which had a dodgy trigger job...nothing to do with the marker, someone had messed with it.......... I know better now........ if you have a bad experience with a certain type of marker, it can put you off for life. Just don't come on here like smart parts hater and churn out ill informed crap.
Everyone thinks their marker is best anyway...........it comes from having to spend all that cash on it. What you also find is the players who go on about it most, are usualy the ones with limited funds who are now stuck with a certain marker. It's no different to the playstation/x-box debate......you shout for the one you bought. (I bought both.........both good in different ways).
You have to go on about how good yours is, half of it is convincing yourself.
Look at Paul Colliers posts..........." no marker is better"... an impartial view from someone who I believe likes a certain marker a wee bit (picked that up.........must have ESP). That's the same opinion you'll get from anyone who knows what they are talking about. All of the top end markers will outperform the others in at least one field.......... ROF, weight, reliability, consistency even availability of parts etc.... so if weight is all you care about.......a light marker is "the best" if its ROF then the fast shooters are "the best" what if your a loony front superman diver? maybe sturdy construction and compact size is more important.......see what I mean?