Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

£1000 winter combat cup

Kevin

MK Storm
Apr 12, 2002
Leeds
www.stormpaintballteam.co.uk
Woody, I think the lack of interest is as has been said already...nobody likes having their collective arses kicked.....and pay for the benefit.....

What about some sort of handicap system? Open to thoughts on that one....

How about the better team shares a gun between them......:p

I was thinking hammer and kneecaps but thats a bit unfriendly....
:cool:

PS I may turn up anyway.....even if I don't play, you may need marshalls?
do you really think that is the problem ?
i thought teams would be queuing up to take on some good teams and see if they can cause an upset.

the entry fee is pretty reasonable for a 5 man event, and you are going to get 9 games, fine not everyone is going to walk away with cash in their wallets but they dont at any other event so dont see why this will put people off, at least their is a chance here.

you cant handicap teams because they have done well in the past,
if you did i think you would find teams entering under different names.

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
hmmmm

just spent 15 mins trying to word a reply that wouldn't offend anyone.

no handicaps for better players. you either have the confidence to play with the big boys and see how you get on or just stay in your domestic league and wonder how you would have done.

Bedlam

Gone crazy, back soon...
just spent 15 mins trying to word a reply that wouldn't offend anyone.

no handicaps for better players. you either have the confidence to play with the big boys and see how you get on or just stay in your domestic league and wonder how you would have done.
You wouldn't have offended me mate, should know better than that by now :).

As for "sucking it up", we're into that age old catch 22...what does the a player want out of his sport? But I'm not going to start that argument here....its be done to death anyway.

As for my previous statement, I'm not out to rock the boat or ****e, just don't understand the lack of teams. The worse part about all of this is Snetterton is my local field and I support this....is a great idea and I wouldn't mind playing, so why are the number of teams so low? :eek:
:cool:

dust4dust

Sep 19, 2007
this is my piont of view, a new player to the sport(5weeks),living fairly local to snetterton, have played with many of team halo, franky, i dear say quite few others who i wouldnt know which team to associate them to

i even attended 1 of team halo training days (thx again team halo superb day) yes they are good but this is more of a reason to want to play them , other teams as well, i use them as example asi know them the best

i personally would love to play this tournament, even with a team of complete of new players like me, problem comes when trying to get people to commit, isnt that they dont want to play because they going to get beat this most people can live with

the problem is that they are paying well over the odds to do this,knowing that they are giving there cash away,which would fund a few sundays play against same players

anyone wanting a player or wanting to make an oddment team please make contact, i have 2xmini 2x full kit,i am eager andd willing as to how good i am i think im ok but u be better asking team halo or someone who plays snetty often

ive heard rumours that if not enough teams tournie will not take place, what a waste of a good days fun, forget the expierience people like me can get from it,maybe its worth considering the entry fee knocking the prize money , and everyone going home having had a good day

well i hope the day goes ahead , even if i have to come and watch im sure i learn plenty

dave

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
What's the minimum number of teams needed for this event to go ahead or is it a case that all spots must be filled?

Sorry if this has been answered already, but who is reffing the event?

I'm asking, because Cynergy are considering entering. I must stress "considering" at this point. I'm sure there are other teams considering it out there too... sounds like to good fun event.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
When I started 10 years ago, we actively tried to enter a team into the tournies that had the very best teams we could find playing. We got beat ALOT, but we learned a heck of a lot.

Im not saying the teams entered are anywhere near the best there is, but to play the likes of NK, MK Storm who both train every weekend and compete on an international level, cant be bad.

Where are ECI, Redemption, Basic, Outrage? (c'mon Cynergy, you know you want to :) )

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
What's the minimum number of teams needed for this event to go ahead or is it a case that all spots must be filled?

Sorry if this has been answered already, but who is reffing the event?

I'm asking, because Cynergy are considering entering. I must stress "considering" at this point. I'm sure there are other teams considering it out there too... sounds like to good fun event.
we are looking for 8 teams to be signed on by the 22nd of oct.

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
Thanks.

I'm working on an NSPL team plus a Cynergy team. Hopefully, we'll have both entered soon. Personally, I have been wanting to come along to the venue for a while and as I said, it seems like a really fun event with the added spice of that big prize.

DANIEL

Jun 25, 2002
At the top.
Visit site
as kev said the entry fee is really reasonable, you don't get prize money in any other uk events that I know of.

What else are you going to play in November the season starts to wind down by then.

I really am quite shocked that this has not had more of a response.

*we were considering entering two teams, but I'll have to look into that further*

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
will come along to watch for some of the day might have the house in some sort of order by then

cant see why people do not want to play how many moan about not being able to play vs the best teams and the second a challenge does come up with the chance to win something more than 3 boxes of paint and some t-shirts no one wants to play

9 games in the day decent prices must be worth it

if nothing else a good day out could be had by all with some nice paintball played