The Home Of European Paintball

£200 - which marker?

Shylad

Checkout the pussy
Sep 23, 2004
Sunny Brum
Best thing to do is try out the ones people have mentioned, and then get
the one YOU like and not the one someone else
likes. Otherwise, as Mr Allen said, 05 Speed;)

All the best,

Simon:cool:

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
Don't you mean WHEN they go wrong.;)
I think you're being a little harsh on Ion's. If bought for £100 then he'd have an extra £100 to upgrade it, and for that you could get a blackheart board, q-lock and new trigger.

I've had my Ion for several months now and have played several training days and a tourney with it - Haven't had one problem with it. It isn't any more likely to go wrong than any other marker (I've heard from some that DM's are quite prone to breaking down, depends on your luck), so stop bashing it.

-Will

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
they are good starter markers, but when you get hold of a 05 ego for example, you can see just why poeple bash them, but i love mine. but bought a ego, and cant wait to have something more high end.

-james

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
they are good starter markers, but when you get hold of a 05 ego for example, you can see just why poeple bash them, but i love mine. but bought a ego, and cant wait to have something more high end.

-james
Yeah of course, but there is a huuuge price difference between the two.

-Will

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
Yeah of course, but there is a huuuge price difference between the two.

-Will
OH god yes, but you understand what im saying tho. a ion has sent me on my way, now im selling it, and have bought something to progress with. Only thing that miffed me off with a stock ion, is the kick at high bps.

-james

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
Yeh fair enough. Anyone wanting to give their Ion a proper upgrade would get a Firebolt or something to combat that. Having said that, I don't find the kick to be too much of a problem without an aftermarket bolt. Maybe I just haven't tried a marker with less kick :)

-Will

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
a must that i never got around to is a lucky bolt, made of derlin, and near enough eliminates kick. get yourself one, and you'll be uber amazed.

-james