Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

£200 - which marker?

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
I think you're being a little harsh on Ion's. If bought for £100 then he'd have an extra £100 to upgrade it, and for that you could get a blackheart board, q-lock and new trigger.
So you'd get a new board, trigger, feedneck, bolt, detents, front reg.
Why not just buy a shocker...??????????

I've had my Ion for several months now and have played several training days and a tourney with it - Haven't had one problem with it. It isn't any more likely to go wrong than any other marker (I've heard from some that DM's are quite prone to breaking down, depends on your luck), so stop bashing it.

-Will
Can't "stop bashing it", it's my purpose in life..:) :p

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
I think you're being a little harsh on Ion's. If bought for £100 then he'd have an extra £100 to upgrade it, and for that you could get a blackheart board, q-lock and new trigger.

I've had my Ion for several months now and have played several training days and a tourney with it - Haven't had one problem with it. It isn't any more likely to go wrong than any other marker (I've heard from some that DM's are quite prone to breaking down, depends on your luck), so stop bashing it.

-Will
Iam sorry put a matrix be it proto or dye next to a ion be it upgraded or not and you can still tell me you want the ion

all you need to do with a matrix is keep the orings lubed and change any worn and get a service once a year for the reg ect

the amount of ions you see that are broken or the banjo has gone what ever that is
trigger broken /eyes broken ect ect

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
Iam sorry put a matrix be it proto or dye next to a ion be it upgraded or not and you can still tell me you want the ion

all you need to do with a matrix is keep the orings lubed and change any worn and get a service once a year for the reg ect

the amount of ions you see that are broken or the banjo has gone what ever that is
trigger broken /eyes broken ect ect
I didn't once say that it was as good as a DM or PM, but for the price I'm saying it ain't half bad and credit should be given for that. If it costed as much as a DM on the other hand, then there would be good enough reason to bash it but for £100?

Steal.

-Will

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
£200 to spend ?

An ION for £100 ? and spend another £100 on upps ?:rolleyes:
The ION is a good starter marker if you are restricted by funds. The problem with the ION is maintenance and reliability . Maintenance is a pain in the arse if you have paint in the bolt. You have to totally strip the marker apart.
This is where reliability is poor due to worn out frame screws, threads on the banjo's and the threads in the frame itself.

Trying to not be biased as possible :p Mr. Tom Allen has suggested 05 speed which are going for around the £200 figure, which i also think is one of the best markers for that price range.
The speeds are easily maintained, with just a quick clean of the breech area and your done. Eyes are very easy to access , and like most markers they easily do 15 bps, which is all your really ever need.

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
I didn't once say that it was as good as a DM or PM, but for the price I'm saying it ain't half bad and credit should be given for that. If it costed as much as a DM on the other hand, then there would be good enough reason to bash it but for £100?

Steal.

-Will
for 100 you cant go wrong

for 200 you might as well shop 2nd hand