Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

£300 budget, what could it buy

Cauliflower Ears

May 20, 2014
Have a budget of around the £300-£350 mark for a loader, mask, air tank and marker. Had a look at buying new but would prefer better equipment second hand. Where do I buy quality used gear on the highstreet! And what could this cash (which is burning a hole in my pocket) get me in the current market?

Cauliflower Ears

May 20, 2014
I need a full kit of recommended gear that's going to be good for a very amateur player. Been using rental gear for so long thought I better commit to my own stuff. Did a google search and found a good review on this forum that talked me out of a delta elite and to go for all round tournament marker, which I'm grateful for. But like in every avenue in life you get what you pay for. So I was thinking of picking up good second hand gear instead ending up with a new kit which wouldn't last as long and not be as reliable. So any mask that is solid and won't disappoint!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Where are you based? There are some shops around, mainly on industrial estates etc as the main business is by mail order and the market is not big enough so high street shops are a waste of money for the retailers

Look up this map and put the filter to shops to see if there is one near you
The next option is an event with retailers attending - either one of the big games or tournaments

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zdRfWqkdmKGw.kbddocq_JqUY

Failing the above get to a walkon* and checkout people's gear.
Many sites have a shop as well but are limited in stock

*walkons are usually run on local independant sites once a month
Check out 'what paintball costs' for a rough intro to the different flavours of paintball

http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/what-paintball-costs.153010/

Now for what to spend your money on:
First take your time and look around

Goggles are most important. These don't have to break the bank, but what you realy want are comfort and vision. Do they feel right on you, can you see clearly in them?
Lenses vary, but with either their anti fog features (as long as you only rinse clean to keep the anti fog coating etc) or with some 'cat cramp' or 'zero fog' then you can prevent fogging
You can save by buying secondhand, but be prepared to buy a new lens, if it is old or the condition is not too good

Air cylinder - £30 to £40 will buy you a new aluminium cylinder

Gun - there is a vast choice. See what's around and ask guys at walkons etc to check theirs out

Hopper - unless you buy an a5/x7 or other cyclone based gun then you are best off with a force fed hopper. Halos are excellent value for money and often go on here second hand for very little

Don't forget a pod pack or vest (depending on preference), plus pots
Add a squeegie, fluffy, micro fibre cloth, barrel condom and you're pretty much sorted
Casual clothes and decent footwear are all you need to wear

Cauliflower Ears

May 20, 2014
Out on the east coast tommikka (norfolk n good) got two chain sites which I've tried(no shops) and an independant which I haven'nt yet. Haven't been to any walkon days so no contacts in that area yet. Been trawling this forum making my mind up where the cash is going then finding bad points about certain markers and bits and I'm back at square one!