Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

06 egos are out!

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
I realise entirely that they are about the exclusiveness in fact I am thinking of getting a Nexus myself but I am just comparing the cost difference from last year to this year.

And Planet have already said that the ego6 Nexus is exactly the same as the 05 version but has the new electronics i.e. new grip and board, everthing else is identical.

sie2050

WCK Killa
Oct 11, 2004
swansea, wales, uk
Visit site
Originally posted by john251282
I realise entirely that they are about the exclusiveness in fact I am thinking of getting a Nexus myself but I am just comparing the cost difference from last year to this year.

And Planet have already said that the ego6 Nexus is exactly the same as the 05 version but has the new electronics i.e. new grip and board, everthing else is identical.
im pretty sure they will upgrade it now as the have newer technology and i dont think nexus will shoot anything other than planets best:D

Oct 30, 2001
G Unit
Visit site
Forums are great! :eek: gives people time to show what they clearly dont know about.

I can assure you your not paying for a bit of milling and a shorter bolt... please ring 0161 8725572 ask for the legend mr wood he will tell you my friend and i can assure you i cant shoot my ego as fast as an ego06 they are on crack

piece

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
Yes you are right but have you read any of the official posts Nicky T has made on behalf of Planet on PBnation:

Nicky T]
nostaglata]So the only difference in the '06 Nexus Ego will be the frame? If so can I buy the frame for a 05 Nexus Ego and it will look just like the 06?
Correct!
Nicky TNexus/XSV Ego 6 markers will have the same STAR frame that is included on the Ego 6.

Nicky T
Nicky TThe Ego 6 comes with a STAR frame - it is a new style/shape so has different dimensions to the '05 STAR frame.

XSV and Nexus Ego 6's will have custom milling, STAR frames, STAR regulators, 2 piece shaft barrels and OOPS as standard.

OOPS will still be sold online at www.planeteclipse.com

CCU kits are still available - i don't have any idea if/when new colours will be available.

Reference to NPPL compatible means SEMI :)

Hope this helps,

Nicky T

So to conclude the difference between the stock ego6 and nexus/xsv is Custom milling, STAR reg, 2 piece barrel, oops(on/off purge, rather than the standard on/off on the ego6) and nexus bolt(I assumr nicky t forgot that.

An no one is denying that a ego6 would not wipe the floor with a ego5 probably a ego5 nexus aswell.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
so does this mean if you have an ego 05 and you put a 06 frame and board and reg on it you have an ego 06 ? (if you know what i mean

Oct 30, 2001
G Unit
Visit site
sorry john i have clealy miss read your post

i thought you was comparing the 05 againt the 06 stock not the nexus dude..

however im not sure as of yet whats happening with the nexus 06 yet althow nicky t does know more than me

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
Originally posted by Dskize
so does this mean if you have an ego 05 and you put a 06 frame and board and reg on it you have an ego 06 ? (if you know what i mean
Not quite because the ball detents and milling are different on the new body but other than that they would be almost identical if I understand correctly.