Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

07 Cyborgs?

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
hey,

looking at getting one of these, but never really had a good go on one (fired a few shoots off one).

What are they like to maintain (i guess ego-like)
What is the kick like
Accuracy on par with (insert gun here) ?
upgrade's needed?

and anything you can think about them please.

cheers James

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
hey,

looking at getting one of these, but never really had a good go on one (fired a few shoots off one).

and anything you can think about them please.

cheers James
What are they like to maintain:
Easier than an ego as the LPR, HPR, rammer & bolt can all be stripped without tools. Use Dow33 on everything bar the bolt orings.

There is an LPR tool avaliable so you can set up your LPR pressure to be perfect but even without perfectly tuned setting efficiency is still over 1500 easy.

What is the kick like. Less than an ego but it is a poppet so more then a shocker/DM. fills the middle ground between spools and egos.

Accuracy on par with (spools rather than poppets as consistancy from the regs is above average)? I over bore and found that accuracy was still great with good grouping for laning.

upgrade's needed? Stock board is great, the grips are not however and are the only thing I would upgrade as the reg, feedneck, barrel is great.

You can order CCU kits for £30 +pp from the states.

My experience comes from reball, Xball and walkons with an 06 and shooting an 07.

FirebirD

Grade 'A' Chump
Jun 22, 2006
Dorset
as far as I know they run like 06 borgs, and they run sweet as heck.
They are very easy maintenance, low kick, nice and quiet, good accuracy everything you could ever wish for.

And as Bob said, the board is amazing, does everything, and is easily programmable too! :D

Karlito

"Acta Non Verba" - London Fearless Massive
Apr 19, 2005
Brentwood, Essex
When I had my 06 Borg, it worked great..the only time it went wrong was when i serviced it and put the lrp front in the wrong way...:rolleyes:
Accuracy was awesome, bettered only by my Ego 08 in my opinion.
Good gun, easy to service. My only hold back was lack of companies stocking it with certified techs just in case.

Vegard

Dec 5, 2002
Norway
Visit site
Supposedly the 08 is somewhere in the distant horizon, but who knows seeing as the droid seems to gain momentum with the "agg" crowd in the US.
Something the borg never seemed to do.

Personally Bob got it right so I don't really need to elaborate on that, but the fact that you can strip one down without tools is a really big plus when you're short on time and need to fix something.

My 06 was and is one of my favourite markers of all time.