Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

09 Rotor vs 2012 Rotor

big JME

Crimson Skulls
May 3, 2012
Wolverhampton
www.CrimsonSkulls.co.uk
hey everyone, so im finishing my new kit out now. Got my Etek4, 0.8L 3k HPA, 4 dive bottles and fill station, and now im after a new hopper. I've been offered a new 09 rotor for £110, or a 2012 rotor again new for £160. As the price difference is a lot for relatively the same product, what would you recommend? and what differences have any of you found, noticed, or heard about? this is my very first electric hopper so best to find out from personal experience :)

thanks for any help in advance. Regards,
Jamie

frenchy2475

I have quit...
Jun 17, 2009
Wiltshire
As long as the 09 rotor has the shark fin anti-jam and the velcro that holds the batterys in place then there is no difference between an 09 and 12.

big JME

Crimson Skulls
May 3, 2012
Wolverhampton
www.CrimsonSkulls.co.uk
as far as i can tell, the 09 does not have the shark fin anti-jam, atleast i was told it didn't, this may be incorrect though. I am going to be buying them off the director of the paintball field i work for so i can ask him to show me the internals. If there is no velcro i can always add some in, i have some sitting about thats extremely high strength. i think 09 was v3 of the rotor? just repeating what i have seen somewhere so i may be wrong, if so please correct me

big JME

Crimson Skulls
May 3, 2012
Wolverhampton
www.CrimsonSkulls.co.uk
yeh i just found a video from 09 and it had one from the quick 2 seconds it showed you of the manual. Does it say on the box which years model it is? just to make sure its definitely an 09. I wonder why they released new models if their almost the same. I take it all rotors have the adjustable torque?

frenchy2475

I have quit...
Jun 17, 2009
Wiltshire
Yes they all have the torque screw. Its easy to tell, just look for the shark fin underneath and your all good. The box will have a year on it, but its not totally accurate as that's just the dye copyright year. The only major thing was the anti-jam, once they put that on there they really isnt much they could improve on they are that good.

Talfryn

The Attritionist
May 14, 2010
West Sussex
Yes they all have the torque screw. Its easy to tell, just look for the shark fin underneath and your all good. The box will have a year on it, but its not totally accurate as that's just the dye copyright year. The only major thing was the anti-jam, once they put that on there they really isnt much they could improve on they are that good.
The shark fin isn't the anti jam lever underneath..
the one on the left is the old version, the one on the right is the new version:

Reactions: frenchy2475