Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

09 SLG UL Fail

Pigeon

Save a Drum, Beat a Box
Mar 23, 2009
Chester, Cheshire
www.facebook.com
Oh right, sorry could you explain a little more lump mate, im looking in the manual but cant see return resistance...:eek:

EDIT:

In the manaul there are three screws you can adjust -

1 - controls triggers length of pull
2 - controls how far the trigger will travel after it reaches the firing point
3 - controls trigger tension

I have adjusted all of them but to no avail, there only seems to be a tiny margin to which 1 and 2 can be adjusted before they either
A - stop the trigger moving
B - start to stick out of the frame

Pigeon

Save a Drum, Beat a Box
Mar 23, 2009
Chester, Cheshire
www.facebook.com
No good mate, the margin of adjustment is so small, Ive had a go at a few marginally different settings but its still a no go.

Ive only got about 400 psi left so I want to test it as less as possible incase something new springs up!

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
ok take the board out of the gun, but leave it wired in. then move the trigger switch. see if it still does it ?

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Don't think it is anything to do with the board or trigger myself. Easiest way to test this is leave the marker switched off and screw your air system in. If it still goes full auto it is nothing to do with settings, trigger or board. It is either your sear not catching for some reason, or something to do with the input pressure.

Two things to try, degrease your bolt and lightly grease it, overgreasing the bolt can cause wierd problems.

Before that though try and lower your inline reg all the way down to its lowest input pressure. Now air your marker up and slowly increase the inline reg pressure and see if the gun stops firing at a certain point. If so your input pressure has been set to low. Obviously if this fixes it you need to chrony your gun to make sure it is shooting legal. Out the box they don't seem too happy shooting at low fps (around the 260 mark) and this can happen.

Pigeon

Save a Drum, Beat a Box
Mar 23, 2009
Chester, Cheshire
www.facebook.com
Ok Parksy ill give it a go tommorrow its too late to be crackin off shots now like!

The gun only goes sick when I pull the trigger, its not constantly on full auto while a tank is attached! If thats what you mean by "see if the gun stops firing at a certain point" Do you mean turn the reg right down to see if it goes mad then adjust it to a point where it stops going mad?

What if I do that and it seems fixed, but then chronos too low, then when increase it, it goes sick again?

I chronoed the SLG Saturday morning averaging at about 290. It was fine for a bit then got progressively worse.